General Discussion, Saturday, June 4, 2022

34 Responses to General Discussion, Saturday, June 4, 2022

Mornin’ all. Overcast and humid, but comfortable here. It rained last night and looks like it might again, but it is hard to tell. We only got about 1/2 inch according to my rain gauge. It was a really weird storm, all bunched up and we were at the north end of it, so everyone south of us got more rain than we did, The weather guessers were all agog at this storm and were carrying on like it was the storm of the century or something. Actually, it rained. It rains in Florida. Imagine that! Well, enjoy your weekend.

Mornin’ kids!

• Stella says:

Mornin’ Wee!

• texan59 says:

Mornin’, Miss Wee. Must be how it feels to work for Dr. Fow-Chee. Coffee’s brewing. 😉

• Lucille says:

Good afternoon or evening to you, Ms. WeeWeed! This cartoon sorta voices what I’m feeling in trying to learn this new computer my family gave me for my birthday. It was definitely a super nice and very necessary gift since my old computer was pretty far gone.

Mr. Gee has been meowing around and wondering why Mom is saying some strange words while looking at the screen. He’s a little love and very sensitive to heated conversations with inanimate objects. Miss Bee went over the rainbow bridge last December. ‘Lil Buddy misses her much to my surprise seeing as they were always having tiffs.

Hope everyone has been well since I was last able to sign in to Word and Stella’s place. I’ll be back when I can.

• czarina33 says:

Love it you are back! Hello to Mr. Gee. Know how you must miss Miss Bee.

• Lucille says:

Thanks, czarina! Love being able to return to many of the sites which became unusable for me since my programming was so incompatible. Lotta doctor bills took up the extra moolah; so it was a total blessing when the family surprised me with a new MAC Mini and a fabulous new screen.

Now I just have to determine how much my knowledge of the computer world I’m so far behind in…gazillion changes since 2008…LOL! Mini and screen came with no instructions which shows that Apple assumes everyone from toddler to teen to grammas know everything about how things function.

I’m keeping my dear little 2008 MAC Mini just as a fun memory since it was given to me as a retirement gift from the company I worked for in the last 20 years.

• WeeWeed says:

Evenin’ Lucille! Good to have you back!

• Stella says:

Welcome back, Lucille!

• litenmaus says:

Wonderful to hear from you again Lucille…you have been missed.

3. texan59 says:

Mornin’, all. My story of the morning. – Rats: Meet sinking ship. More Brain-Freeze staffers jumping ship!

4. texan59 says:

Coffee’s up, y’all. Enjoy!

5. texan59 says:

This is relatively good news. Incompetence is so high, they’ve got the circular firing squad in place in DC. This example pertains to the Climate Czar, that flannel-shirt wearing, Mr,/Ms. Gina McCarthy. She’s the one who wants to add 100 new greenie-weenie laws, just this year.

• czarina33 says:

What a mess. However, the Babylon Bee may get some mileage from The Center for Biological Diversity. The CBD appears ready to identify several more types of gender and to rapidly create jobs and find people to fill them. Note CBD is also associated with marijuana, and perhaps this points who what’s causing the confusion: they are all smoking weed.

6. texan59 says:

What a country! This is so awesome. Not only do I now get to help pay off student loans for those who don’t want to pay them back, but I’m (we’re) funding union pensions that have been mismanaged for 50 years.

• czarina33 says:

And mine, which is properly managed (despite Louisiana’s poor payment history into it as promised) has been repeatedly raided by incorporating other Louisiana State workers’ funds which were poorly managed. Again, and again, and again those of us who are ethical, get up to work every day, pay our taxes and bills, and are kind to our neighbors are expected to bail everyone else out, even to our detriment.

It is the little things are what is getting to me most, now. I can’t find the cough drops I use. My favorite whole wheat bread is nowhere. Probably feeling helpless since I am sure nothing I can do will stop this mess the US government has become as it gathers momentum to destroy our way of life. Calling Steve Palazzo (my representative, never heard of him have you?: because he does nothing but stay under the radar) would produce a flat statement from his staff that he is also concerned and will vote lalala…

7. texan59 says:

Really sorry I missed this on ESPN. Two dudes win some bi-cycle race in England. Good job, all you feminists.