General Discussion, Friday, November 26, 2021

18 Responses to General Discussion, Friday, November 26, 2021

1. TigerBear says:

Good morning y’all!
    I hope everyone had a spectacular Thanksgiving 🦃🍁
    What a cool looking ship! 👍🏽👍🏽😁

• Pa Hermit says:

Can’t like even after a restart and signing back in! Agreed, nice ship!

• czarina33 says:

Looks like the Mayflower, which is also relevant to the holiday. I visited once, and a replica came to Miami when I was a kid. I truly cannot believe I would have left safe dry land to spend months on a small boat on a huge ocean. I know my mother’s ancestors had to have done so, since both sides were in the New World the 1800’s.

That’s it! I can’t imagine living on that ship for the several weeks (up to 2 months) it took a ship to get to the New World (the Mayflower took 66 days). Then they had to live on the ship for some time more, and many died, including the parents of my ancestor, Mary Chilton (age 13). She later married the brother of a fellow passenger, John Winslow. He was 10 years her senior, and came on another ship the year after the Mayflower.

I just found out that Sarah Palin has SIX ancestors who were on the Mayflower:

Henry Samson
        John Howland
        Richard Warren
        Stephen Hopkins, Giles Hopkins
        William Brewster

• WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ Tiger!

Mornin’ Tiger, Pa, and all. Hope everyone enjoyed their day. It is 60* and sunny here. The temps will climb for sure. Have to work today to mail a few little pkgs to my grandkids. Hope you all enjoy the weekend.

Mornin’ kids!