General Discussion, Wednesday, November 17, 2021

25 Responses to General Discussion, Wednesday, November 17, 2021

1. Menagerie says:

Good morning everyone. Supposed to be 72 here today, then temps start dropping again, into the 20’s next week supposedly. Not looking forward to that. We do not often have that happen in fall. Actually, praise God, we don’t have it happen a lot around here period.

A man’s soul is as full of voices as a forest; there are ten thousand tongues there like all the tongues of the trees: fancies, follies, memories, madnesses, mysterious fears, and more mysterious hopes. All sanity in life consists in coming to the conclusion that some of those voices have authority and others do not.
    —G. K. Chesterton
    quoted in Dale Ahlquist’s book The Complete Thinker

Mornin’ kids!

Well, I said my ‘good mornin’s’ over at Doggity Day because I didn’t realize I was on the wrong thread. Ha, ha.

This is rather brilliant…..

Good morning to all! It’s overcast and about 60 degrees today; supposed to start raining late this afternoon.

I have an appointment with the cardiologist this afternoon. Just routine, but I still am not looking forward to it.

Back from the cardiologist. All looks good. Someone in the waiting room just got out of the hospital, and told me that it is chaos at the hospital. Emergency room jammed, treating patients in the hallways, only one nurse for 50 patients. Asked my doctor about it. He says it is a rise in Covid cases.