Today’s Twitter pick …

This entry was posted in Censorship, Social Media. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Today’s Twitter pick …

1. MaryfromMarin says:

EXCELLENT!

What THEY want is “One fish, two fish, dead fish–you’re through!”

4. Pa Hermit says:

Tuck Fwitter! Trying to be a little polite, but these times call for the heavy artillery.

Watch it. Like the Tree, we don’t allow vulgarity or profanity.

• Pa Hermit says:

Sorry Stella, Twitter IS vulgar! I took an oath when I was 21 to defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. Shut down my Constitutional Rights and you are a tad worse than vulgar! You’re downright THE ENEMY! Foreign powers don’t stand much of a chance against we the people here in the great ol’ U.S. of A. The problem stems and starts with powers within our domain. We are quite susceptible to being torn down from supposedly friendly powers within. My apologies if one is offended, but the issues are not trivial. The pen is mightier than the sword? Where’s the media? M I A of course. If you wish Stella, you’re free to delete my offensive post. It wasn’t meant to offend anyone but the intended target! It was more a gut reaction and at 70+ years young, I tend to trust my gut. Maybe I should become more of a lurker.

PS: In this case, Twitter isn’t the problem.

5. jeans2nd says:

We never read Cat In The Hat, nor any Dr Suess books.
    We were reared on Bobbsy Twins, Nancy Drew, and migrated up to Agatha Christie and such..
    Bible stories at bedtime.
    Funny, that.

Judging from that one page in the “Matt, Former Child” tweet, perhaps they could have just removed those two pages. But, idk.

I read Bobbsey Twins, Nancy Drew, Agatha Christie etc, but I DID use Cat In The Hat to teach my daughter to read (age 5). Great example of phonics in action.

• jeans2nd says:

You know, Stella, what I cannot figure is why Mom didn’t use the Dr Seuss books for us.
        We had the children’s encyclopedia, the Readers Digest Children’s record library that covered everything from Hans Christian Anderson to the Classic Composers, plus Guideposts, Scientific American, and the like.

But no Dr Seuss..Wicked Son never had Dr Seuss, either, which is on me.
        Very puzzling, and Mom ain’t talking to me again right now (oh, how Mom hated
        that word “ain’t”!).

• czarina33 says:

I had many of the same books at home, and never had a Seuss book except at school. Third grade at Carol City Elementry school. Moved on to be a volunteer library aide and read Asimov, Bradberry, Heinlein….. really more adult books came quickly because my mother and I read to each other out loud.

• czarina33 says:

I can still recite “If I ran the zoo” said young Gerald McGrew, “I’d make a few changes, that’s just what I’d do. The lions and tigers, and that kind of stuff, they have in most zoos is not good enough for my zoo”. This book is being cancelled because it depicts some African native men in grass skirts. I belivve there are some tribes who wear these in ceremonies. Have they been cancelled as well?