Christmas Day

Luke 2 King James Version (KJV)

And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.

(And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)

And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)

To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.

And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.

And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.

And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.

But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.

And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

This entry was posted in Holidays, Religion. Bookmark the permalink.

68 Responses to Christmas Day

Christmas Carols played on Harp

Have a blessed Christmas, Stellars!

“Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” – Luka Šulić

Filmed in Piazza Unità – Trieste – Italy

3. Menagerie says:

Merry Christmas everyone. My your day be filled with joy, the joy of the Incarnation. Christ the Savior is born.

Good morning and Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a really nice day.

6. czarina33 says:

Merry, Happy, Blessed Christmas to all Stellars! From the Z’s. Here is our tree. Note the ornaments on the floor: the three year old has been carefully removing all he can reach (plastic of course) and carrying them off to roll around.

• Menagerie says:

Merry Christmas, beautiful tree. Do you use imgur to post your pictures? I need a tutorial from you or Lucille. I’ve played around again this morning trying every single code on imgur and all I get are text strings.

• czarina33 says:

I’ll try, but it sometimes takes me a few tries to get it. Remember, I have an iPad.

Go to imgur and touch the profile icon on the bottom of the page. Touch the plus sign in the upper right hand corner. Touch the picture from your collection. Wait for it to load into imgur. Afte it uploads, touch the picture you want and touch the half box with the up arrow above it. Sometimes I get the word “copy” sometimes share. If I get a box with “copy link” I touch that icon. Then I go back to Stella’s page and open a new post, type a comment, hit two returns, touch the box to paste (next to the forward and back arrows above the w key) and hit two more returns. Before I post, I write down the address because I can check next time I post so I don’t repost the last one in error. Sometimes the picture does not come up but the string of letters & numbers does; I have no idea why. I think that’s everything.

Now, can I see your your tree?

• I went to post my pics for today, and imgur is coming up with an error message. Once i can post, I’ll copy what I do and leave directions here. I have a windows based laptop – do you have windows or apple?

• Hi Menagerie!
        imgur is back up now.
        This is how I do imgur. I have a windows operating system laptop. I don’t know what you have.
        I make sure the picture is less than 650 pixels in each direction, & use a file that ends in png or jpg.
        I put the pic on my desktop
        go to imgur & click on new post in little green box
        drag the pic to where it says to drop images here
        then an ad plays
        when it’s over it says image uploaded
        then I right click to copy image location
        then come to Stella’s comment box & leave 2 empty lines above,
        then paste the location, then 2 empty lines below.

Hope this helps you or anyone else having problems.:-)

• auscitizenmom says:

When I was growing up, all our ornaments were plastic.

7. czarina33 says:

As we have posted before, New Orleans has many localized Christmas songs. Here is a new one, an ad from Rouses’ Market.

8. litenmaus says:

Wishing you a very Blessed Christmas Stella. Thank you for your wondrous site….

Merry Christmas Stellars…..

9. Can’t post pics cause imgur in error mode 😦

Here is my favorite Christmas song, sung by one of my favorite artists:

[Verse 1]
    What child is this who laid to rest
    On Mary’s lap is sleeping
    Whom angels greet with anthems sweet
    While shepherds watch are keeping
    This, this is Christ the king
    Whom shepherds guard and angels sing
    Haste, haste to bring Him laud
    The babe, the son of Mary

[Verse 2]
    Why lies He in such mean estate
    Where ox and ass are feeding
    The end of fear for all who hear
    The silent Word is speaking
    This, this is Christ the king
    Whom shepherds guard and angels sing
    Haste, haste to bring Him laud
    The babe, the son of Mary

[Verse 3]
    So bring Him incense, gold and myrrh
    Come peasant king to love Him;
    The king of kings salvation brings
    Let loving hearts enthrone Him
    This, this is Christ the king
    Whom shepherds guard and angels sing
    Haste, haste to bring Him praise
    The babe, the son of Mary

Raise, raise the song on high
    The virgin sings her lullaby:
    Joy, joy for Christ is born
    The babe, the son of Mary

I pray everyone is having a Blessed day of joy celebrating the birth of our Lord & Savior. Even if we can’t have what we consider a normal Christmas season, God is always with us.
    Merry Christmas to all my Stellar friends! 😉

10. Some one may have already put this out in the last few days, and I missed it, but it’s always worth seeing again 😉

11. imgur is back up!

Here is some info I found from https://www.thebiblejourney.org/biblejourney1/3-jesuss-childhood-journeys-b/mary-joseph-go-to-bethlehem/

“Lk. 2:1-5 Mary and Joseph travel to Bethlehem in Judaea, where Joseph’s family live (see 1 on Map 4). The journey takes four or five days as Nazareth is 65 miles / 105 km north of Jerusalem (in a straight line), while Bethlehem is a hilltop town situated on a ridge near the edge of the Judaean desert, 5 miles / 8km south of Jerusalem.”

So Mary was just a teenager taking 4-5 days to go 70 miles by donkey right before giving birth. I looked up the weather there this week, and it was a low of 39 at night and a high of 57 during the day. She must have been beyond exhausted. I found this painting by Margaret Tarrant of the Blessed Virgin Mary fallen asleep while leaning on the manger, with angels caring for the baby Jesus.

Roast is in the oven, and small trifle made (in a Glad container – not as pretty but more practical than the trifle bowl.) Roasting at a low temp (250) so it will take 3 hours or so, then will rest for a while and crank up the heat for browning.

Have to make the brussels and potato casserole, and I’m done.

• auscitizenmom says:

We reheated the turkey dinners I got at Bob Evans and it was delicious. We have enough left for another meal for each of us. I am actually overstuffed even though I tried not to be. After we ate, we had planned to watch a movie, but I goofed and waited too long to put dinner in the oven, so it was later than we had planned. My friend had to get home so she could walk her doggie before it got dark. 🙂

But, we found one movie on Amazon Prime, A Christmas Carol, that was only 22 min long. It was made in 1914 and, of course was silent. It moved through the story very quickly, obviously, but we both really enjoyed it.

13. MaryfromMarin says:

Christmas blessings to everyone here! I don’t post very often, but I read frequently and tweet posts when I can!

May God be with us all in the new year–I expect he’ll be hearing that a lot…..

14. just stevie says:

🎄 Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄

Stopping by with an old favorite song! Hoping everyone had a great day!

I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day (Civil War background)

My Christmas dinner:

“Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!”