It’s Caturday!

16 Responses to It’s Caturday!

HAPPY GARDEN KITTY CATURDAY…

2. czarowniczy says:

And ours wouldn’t even look at it until it was cooked:

• The Tundra PA says:

I just hate seeing these magnificent animals in cages, especially the cages barely taller than their heads. Same reason I don’t much like going to zoos.

• czarowniczy says:

NOLA zoo (Audubon Park) has rather spacious enclosures for the animals, quite nice all considering. Then there’s the problem of Africans wholesale slaughtering them to feed the bush meat and Chinese traditional medicine market. Hard to tell which environment”s worse.

• czarowniczy says:

BTW, the Audubon folks also have a long-running program to save the eggs and sperm of as many endangered animals as they canto try and preserve a potentially viable gene pool for future possible replacement.

• The Tundra PA says:

Audubon Park is one of the best I’ve ever seen.

• czarowniczy says:

And the zoo done got betterer too, and they have a really good aquarium on the riverfront. Interesting point is that they converted to old Customs House at the foot of Canal to a huge insectarium featuring hundreds of different types of creepy, crawly, biting and stinging insects from around the world. It’s gotta be for the tourists as in NOLA that’s called a ‘backyard’.

• The Tundra PA says:

Last time I went to Audubon Park was in the early 1960s. I imagine much has changed. I read about Katrina’s effect on the Park in ’05, and it’s recovery efforts.

5. Happy Caturday!
    “Here, let me knock this off the table, I’m bored knocking plates off”:

Actually, I’m surprised he’d be so active after gorging on all that sleep inducing turkey!

Have a great Caturday! 😉