It’s Doggityday!

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to It’s Doggityday!

1. czarowniczy says:

And the first thing that came to mind was when I was in parochial school in 2nd grade and asked if dogs went to heaven in a catechism class only to get a long lecture on only humans can go to heaven as only humans have souls. That was followed by my having to stay behind that Friday after class and help the other penitent detainees clean the floors with Brillo pads and wax them with Wonder Bread bags.

Wonder if dogs can go to Lutheran heaven?

Celebrating Rescue Ray’s ‘GOTCHA DAY’ With a Trip to The Dog Bakery and an Epic Hike!
    Rescue Ray – Published on January 24, 2020

We’re celebrating the day I adopted Ray, nine years ago, by getting a bunch of baked goodies from The Dog Bakery and going on an epic hike! Ray and his three siblings were left in a box outside a vet clinic. When I met him, he was super shy, so the founder of the rescue took out a piece of chicken to get him to walk on the leash. When Ray saw the chicken, he belly crawled toward it and gave the funniest smile! That was it for me. I told her I’ll take the shy guy! Since then, Ray has made so many people smile with HIS smile and also inspired me to help save other rescue and shelter dogs through my photography.

Happy Doggityday!

5. lovely says:

Happy doggity Day Joshua!

6. The Tundra PA says:

Sigh. Late again. Just wanted to chime in with warning: countdown to Iditarod is T-2 days, 21 hours, 30 minutes. Yaaaaaayyy! Ceremonial Start will be in Anchorage on Saturday the 7th at 10 am Alaska time (2 pm ET). It will be streamed live at http://www.iditarod.com/live if you want to watch. It takes about 2 hours from first musher to last to get the race underway. The field this year consists of 57 teams of 16 dogs each and one musher who can receive no assistance for the thousand miles of trail to Nome. I have three friends running the race again this year, Aliy Zirkle, Pete Kaiser, and Jessica Klejka (CLAY-ka). Pete is reigning champ from last year’s Iditarod, and the current repeat champ of the Kuskokwim 300. Jessica is a young veterinarian who grew up about a block away from me in Bethel for the decade that I lived there. A sweet young woman who has worked hard and is doing well. And Aliy is my very good friend who is about the most awesome woman musher in the world. And the nicest.

I’m excited for this year’s race and will love to do updates and commentary if anyone is interested. As always: GO ALIY! GO DOGS!!