FOX NEWS

The White House is still planning to move ahead with next week’s scheduled State of the Union address, but the details remain up in the air after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi strongly urged the president to delay the speech or submit it in writing amid the government shutdown fight.

According to multiple sources, it remains unclear whether the address scheduled for Jan. 29 will in fact go forward, or what venue it would be in. The White House is even planning for the possibility of a speech outside of Washington.

This entry was posted in Government, Politics, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to President Trump will give a State of the Union address – details to follow (see video)

1. kinthenorthwest says:

Go Trump…..

2. Gil says:

Any one person who calls themselves a democrat should be ashamed.

3. Menagerie says:

She dealt her cards. As is always the case with President Trump, he lets them play their weak hand and then he moves in for the end. I knew there was no way he was going to let that sniveling witch keep hom from addressing us.

My sentiments have always been to hell with Nancy Pelosis. Still are, and will ever be. I might do my duty and pray for the repose of her soul but I won’t be a damned bit unhappy when the dirt hits her face.

4. Menagerie says:

Stella, did you blacklist me? 😀 😀 😀

5. lovely says:

I hope that the democrats boycott it and President Trump fills the seats with Angel moms/ family members and the Covington School boys.

6. TigerBear says:

Blowup Pelosi’s phones….let her know we the people are not going to stand for her blocking our President from the peoples house. She is speaker, yes, but WE OWN THE HOUSE!

202-225-4965 Rm 1236

That’s good too, but there are other options – like the Senate.

• TigerBear says:

Lol Yes, there are other options, but I had a “How dare she” reaction, as I think many others have had as well. The principle is worth fighting for, and I encourage those who will to not only call Pelosi, but their own reps and senators too. 🙂

7. TigerBear says:

This is a brilliant move by our President! 👍🏽👍🏽😄

A Letter from the President to Speaker Pelosi
    Issued on: January 23, 2019
    SHARE:

menuALL NEWS
    The Honorable Nancy Pelosi
    Speaker of the House of Representatives
    Washington, D.C. 20515

Dear Madam Speaker:

Thank you for your letter of January 3, 2019, sent to me long after the Shutdown began, inviting me to address the Nation on January 29th as to the State of the Union. As you know, I had already accepted your kind invitation, however, I then received another letter from you dated January 16, 2019, wherein you expressed concerns regarding security during the State of the Union Address due to the Shutdown. Even prior to asking, I was contacted by the Department of Homeland Security and the United States Secret Service to explain that there would be absolutely no problem regarding security with respect to the event. They have since confirmed this publicly.

Accordingly, there are no security concerns regarding the State of the Union Address. Therefore, I will be honoring your invitation, and fulfilling my Constitutional duty, to deliver important information to the people and Congress of the United States of America regarding the State of our Union.

I look forward to seeing you on the evening on January 29th in the Chamber of the House of Representatives. It would be so very sad for our Country if the State of the Union were not delivered on time, on schedule, and very importantly, on location!

Sincerely,