Home Delivery …

Many of us now do a lot of on-line shopping, and so we are quite familiar with the reliability of carriers like the U.S. Postal Service, Federal Express and, of course, UPS.

I know that Menagerie has complained about delivery to her rural location, but I have photographic proof of a UPS delivery fail. It happened on Drummond Island, Michigan.

Can you blame them?

This entry was posted in Humor, The Culture. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Home Delivery …

1. kinthenorthwest says:

Oh my good Lord

shame shame on them for not leaving the package (Snark off) LOL

2. Menagerie says:

Can’t blame them at all, but if it was my previous carrier I would have needed photagraphic proof! Either I have a new carrier or every packaged delivered in the past couple of months has come on the witch’s day off. The new young lady is courteous and always brings my package up.

• michellc says:

We have a very good UPS driver and a good rural mail carrier. We have our UPS driver’s cell phone number and if we’re really needing something we can call him and meet him along his route. Our rural carrier calls us when we have a package to large to fit in mailbox and asks us if we want her to bring it up or pick it up at the office.
      Unfortunately they can’t find her a decent sub and the Postmaster is always having to apologize for them.
      Fed-Ex changes drivers on a weekly basis I think and they’re all horrible.

3. czarowniczy says:

Yup, a problem in rural areas.Here it could be a puma (neighboring farmer scared one out of a big brush pile), wild pigs, coyotes, skunks and the infrequent Mormon missionary. That’s why UPS ’round herabouts uses local driver – they knows how to deal with these minor inconveniences.

I imagine they use locals on Drummond Island too – considering that it’s an island and all. Bears are probably beyond what they are willing to tackle alone.

• czarowniczy says:

We have a few drivers from the coast – two have buried their trucks in my yard/garden, they don’t know about stating out of plowed areas. As for bears they may be a bit more rare around here but it ain’t unusual to come around a corner and come bumper to face with cows or horses, especially at night, who’ve found a way out of pasture. Or into your front yard.

• Menagerie says:

Not fair czar. IVe never gotten to talk to the Mormon missionaries. Only the Jehovah’s Witnesses come up here, and they wrote me off a while ago.

• czarowniczy says:

Fill out one of those requests for a free Book of Mormon and clear the driveway.

• Menagerie says:

If one of them could actually ride that bike all the way up, around those increasingly steep turns that one person I know refuses to even drive up, I might just believe and convert.

BTW, the Jehovah’s witnesses are the only ones ever to come up. They must be a hardy bunch. I pulled a gun on the last unexpected people to come up the drive. Kinda scared both of us. A really ratty looking guy came walking up my drive – no one does that – and I had a baby in the swing with me. I would probably not have done it if the grandson had not been with me.

• auscitizenmom says:

We had a 1200 ft driveway at our house. My ex (ignoring my disapproval) answered the door to two petite young Jehova’s witness women with little children in tow with his gun in hand. I don’t believe anybody ever came after that. He didn’t actually threaten them, he just asked, “What do you want?”

• czarowniczy says:

I know… city folks just don’t get it that they’re likely to get drawn on if they stumble up our rural drives, as if the expect Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor to meet them on the porch with champagne and biscuits.
            We have ‘private property’ and ‘no trespassing’ signs all over and on either side of the drive. I have no idea why they think the signs don’t apply to them but past the signs and up they come.
            With the number of city crooks we have following potential victims home – some have followed them for more than 40 miles – and the druggies looking for cash/a flop/a place to cook you ain’t sure who/what’s coming up your drive out here. With your nearest neighbor a 1/4 mile away and invisible and 911 response time 20 or more minutes out what are you gonna do?

We have casinos in downtown Detroit. Never been. You would think the city’s financials would look better.

Also have Indian casinos several places in Michigan.

• czarowniczy says:

Yeah, the casinos were supposed to have all tax revenues go strictly to education in both Louisiana and Mississippi but that fell thru, as if anyone believed it wouldn’t. Louisiana is still 46th in the US and Mississippi 48th so there we are.

I would have accepted that excuse. 😯