President Trump threatens government shutdown over border wall funding

Canary LLC President Dan Eberhart on President Trump’s push for a border wall and the feud between Trump and the Koch brothers.

This entry was posted in Government, Law, News, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to President Trump threatens government shutdown over border wall funding

I’d just swear I heard somebody on Fox and Friends say this morning that P. Trump had made an agreement with turtle to wait until after the midterms to try to pass this. I was dismayed when I heard it. Maybe I didn’t get the whole thing. Hm.

I saw that too. This video was posted 38 minutes ago by Fox Business.

His tweets were only an hour ago.

• auscitizenmom says:

Well, somebody had to have reported it this morning, because I remember I was getting ready to go to the chiro and I heard it as I was walking into the bathroom and was upset about it. His tweet only confirms this. Darn. 😦

• jeans2nd says:

No worries, mom. We went through this last Dec through Mar, with Pres Trump even threatening a veto. Recall the last fight was over border wall and DACA, with Pres Trump saying this was the last budget he would sign w/o border wall funding. Pres Trump had to sign that last one to obtain 1 yr military funding.

No doubt we will have more drama, more short-term resolutions. Do not count on Pres Trump giving in this time. imo.

2. michellc says:

I hope he does and the first thing I’d shut down is checks to Congressmen and Senators.

It’d be great if he allowed the American people to directly fund the continuation of the wall. We’d send in our money and show the Dems and NeverTrumpers and all the other haters that WE WANT THAT WALL.

4. lovely says:

Terrific news.

5. jeans2nd says:

For unknown reasons FOX is alowing attacts on the Koch Bros. Truly mysterious.
    Lara Ingraham started last night. Ingraham pulled no punches. Jaw-dropping, actually.
    “Let me tell you about destructuve, sir”
    8-1/2 glorious minutes