General Discussion, Tuesday, June 14, 2022

33 Responses to General Discussion, Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Good Tuesday morning to you, Stellars!

“Tuesday Afternoon” – The Moody Blues (Long Extended Version)

“The Songs Were Recorded In 1967 But They Weren’t Really Huge Until 1972 When This Album ‘Days Of Future Passed’ Took Off. FM Stations Would Play This Long Extended Cut Of ‘Tuesday Afternoon’ Merged With ‘Evening Time To Get Away.’ This Is Marvelous. K.L.S.X The Classic Rock Station In Los Angeles In 1989-1990 Would Always Play This. I Never Forgot It And I Just Love This Thing. I Love The Little Violin And Xylophone Break. Thanks To The Moody Blues. You Guys Did Make A Masterpiece That Is Forever.”

Lyrics
    Tuesday afternoon
    I’m just beginning to see
    Now I’m on my way
    It doesn’t matter to me
    Chasing the clouds away
    Something calls to me
    The trees are drawing me near
    I’ve got to find out why
    Those gentle voices I hear
    Explain it all with a sigh
    I’m looking at myself reflections of my mind
    It’s just the kind of day to leave myself behind
    So gently swaying through the fairyland of love
    If you’ll just come with me you’ll see the beauty of
    Tuesday afternoon
    Tuesday afternoon

“Our Nation is SUFFERING. Our Economy is in the Gutter – What is the Democrat Congress Focused On? A Kangaroo Court” – President Trump Delivers 12-Page Rebuttal to Jan. 6 Committee’s Latest Lies, Smears and Omissions
    By Jim Hoft – Published June 13, 2022 at 9:46pm

• czarina33 says:

Can’t hear you…got my eyes closed and fingers in my ears…already know everything I need to know…lalalala…. Go buy an electric car or better yet use public transportation. And eat some veggie burgers.

3. Pa Hermit says:

Need to change that Red Wave into a RED TSUNAMI! Get rid of those 10 CHARMIN RINOs a$$hats that voted for gun control!

4. Pa Hermit says:

A pleasant Good Mornin’ to all on this Strawberry Full Moon day! (1 PM GMT?)

Mornin’ kids!

Mornin’ All. Miserable hot day beginning here. It is already 80*, not a clue in the sky, and high humidity. In other words, a normal sunny day in Florida.

Well, good news. I got the apartment. I was shocked to hear that the Pet deposit is $1000, refundable when I move out. Great (said full of sarcasm). Anyway, my kids have made a plan to come and get me but it is much sooner than I thought it would be. He needs to be back up there by the 1st of July. I had best get packing for real. The first thing I need to do is make a list or I will forget everything. I have been through this so many times, I should be able to do it effortlessly, Well, maybe not effortlessly, but at least well,

Hope you all have a great day.

• auscitizenmom says:

Not “clue”………”cloud”. Imagine, clues in the sky. :\

• Reflection says:

You’ve put a lot of effort into this, Auscitizenmom. All the work you’ve been doing ahead of time has you better positioned for this unexpected development, at least,

Congratulations. I hope the move is everything you want it to be and more.

• Lucille says:

That’s wonderful about getting the apartment, aus! Perhaps the management company will let you move in a few days early. I seem to recall that your son is military. If that’s correct, you might let it drop that he’s on a short timeline because of his service.

• auscitizenmom says:

My son is not in the Navy anymore. It is all set up for us to move in on the 2nd now. My, but it was really expensive to move in there.

• Stella says:

Did you get any kind of discount for being a senior citizen or on a fixed income?

• auscitizenmom says:

Nope. This isn’t a senior apartment. But, it is what I could get. My real fear is when it gets cold, paying the heat bill. At least I don’t like a hot apartment in the winter. But it will be different there.

• Lucille says:

My monthly electricity bill for the winter fluctuates between $100-120, and it gets very cold and snowy here in the Panhandle.

For those occasions when the power goes out during winter, I’m thinking of purchasing a home generator. Here’s an article which might be helpful if you’re thinking along the same lines…

The 22 Best Portable Generators for Camping, Power Outages or Construction

7. czarina33 says:

Czar would have loved this: new civil sheriff was elected and was inaugurated recently in NO. She has no law enforcement experience except as independent police monitor. She defeated the 17 year veteran in one of those progressive movements to change law enforcement. Well, Sunday there was a fight at the jail she oversees, with one murdered inmate and one suicided inmate, so Monday she pulled all the deputies off Civil Court duty to overstuff the jail, closing the Civil Court. Gave the lawyers, judges, and everyone having business with the court no notice. Of course everyone is up in arms. DID SHE HAVE NO CLUE?

9. Stella says: