General Discussion, Tuesday, October 19, 2021

30 Responses to General Discussion, Tuesday, October 19, 2021

1. Menagerie says:

Good morning everyone. Little chilly here again, in the forties. I learned my lesson yesterday though. No long sleeves and warm pants for me, I’m dressing for the actual weather that hits mid morning.

• czarina33 says:

Yes, the fall weather I grew up with. At the end of the school day the kids dragged their jackets and sweaters home (or left them behind somewhere at school or on the bus) in the heat of the afternoon.

2. Menagerie says:

This is the best of the Colin Powell articles I’ve read, IMO, of course. I think he does a credible job of assessing the man and his performance, and the DC elites and what it takes to be one.

Mornin’ all! Have you seen Jon McNaughton’s latest?

Mornin’ Menage and Wee, and everybody else who shows up. Sunny here. Humidity must be down a little. It is 66* and nice. The news is abysmal. About everything. Well, everything except my son and his family. They have moved to Montana. He started a new job and loves it, jab not required. And, he has already gone on a bear hunt. His family is very happy there. I am very pleased about that. Well, have a nice day anyway,

6. Morning All!

Beautiful pic up top Stella!

Jon McNaughton’s latest brought tear to my eye. Don’t know what i can do at this point in my life other than fervently pray which I do. 😪

Here is an autumnal toned painting by Mucha – hope some dippy young lady did not try bicycling with hair & a dress like that!

Have to run – so busy today am actually putting on sneakers to zip around quicker – fear I’ll never get everything done!

Have a great day everyone! 🙂

• czarina33 says:

She does look rather discheveled, perhaps wind blown. Can’t see if she has on sneakers to zip around like you!!! P.S. I love Art Deco and Art Nouveau posters.

Hi, everbody! Beautiful day here – sunny and 72 degrees, low humidity.

I went for a little drive, picked up a prescription, went to the bank and got carry out for lunch – Arby’s turkey/bacon sandwich and fries. Nice little treat that I don’t get that often. I didn’t take Tucker, and he wasn’t happy about being left at home.

Well, here ya’ll go. Winter.

9. czarina33 says:

Finally got the trees which fell during Hurricane Ida picked up and moved to the dump pile. GGS and my brother cut them up about 3 weeks ago, but I was so busy (and it was too hot) that I didn’t get to them. It took 6 trailer loads pulled behind my ATV to get them all up. Now I’m watching Last Tango in Halifax, a BBC show on Netflix. It is delightful.

10. texan59 says:

A follow up on the McCabe situation, and a message to John Durham. This fish is really starting to rot, and it doesn’t smell very good.