General Discussion, Monday, July 19, 2021

22 Responses to General Discussion, Monday, July 19, 2021

HAPPY BENCH MONDAY, STELLARS!

Casa Del Mar at San Simeon, Hearst Castle, CA…

John Fitzgerald Kennedy Memorial Park, Cambridge, MA…

Missouri…

Sunset over Simi Valley, CA from the Reagan Library…

Have a blessed day!

Exclusive from Gen. Flynn: Sermon Given to Puritans Crossing the Atlantic Is Important Now More Than Ever
    By Michael Flynn, The Western Journal – Published July 18, 2021 at 8:00pm

America’s singular function is to be as described deep in the Bible itself: a light for the world, a light that cannot be hidden.

My interpretation of the light is the truth, and I know from personal experience that truth cannot be hidden — it always rises to the surface. Although some may desire to keep falsehoods and lies alive, I firmly believe that the return to faith by many Americans today is further evidence of God’s divine Providence and his determination for America to be a light for the rest of the world.

Mornin’ all!

Mornin’ everyone. I am still having trouble with WP. I have adjusted everything so that I will be notified in my email of updates and new posts. Nope. Doesn’t seem to work. I get a new update every once in a while and it will notify me of one or two new comments in a day, usually a couple of hours later. It doesn’t even refresh my pages usually. That may be part of the problem. Anyway, weather same. We are having lunch out today. FOX and FRIENDS pushing the vaccine this morning. SMH

20 busloads….. from Haiti??? WTH???? And NOTHING in the paper, of course.

6. jeans2nd says:

Mornin’ Stella, ladies and gentlymen.
    Sharing this on the eternal hope of not being binned once more.
    Looks like aus has joined the ranks of the favored. Well done, mom!

This is uber disappointing, if true. I wonder what prompted President Trump’s response and whether it is being reported accurately in this new book. And what was he doing talking to the WaPo anyway?

If McConnell had gotten rid of the filibuster and the 2020 election had gone the same way, we would already be a totally communist country without a shot being fired. There’s no assurance whatsoever we’ll win back the House in 2022. Without the filibuster rule, we’re doomed.

Trump calls McConnell ‘a stupid person’ for refusing to end the filibuster
    By CHRIS PANDOLFO – July 19, 2021

If you like history, you might enjoy this program about the war effort during world war II. It interests me because it centers on Detroit (the Arsenal of Democracy) and the factories where my parents, cousins, aunts and uncles worked.

• czarina33 says:

GGS and I went to the National WWII museum last week in NO. It was great. The reason it is here is the landing craft, Higgins Boats, were built right downtown. A great museum, just in case you’re looking for a place to visit.

• WeeWeed says:

That’s where I sent some of my grandfather’s stuff from WWII – very nice people when contacted (online,) too.

This video was mainly about the planes built during WWII, but the book I read, “Freedom’s Forge: How American Business Produced Victory in World War II”, covered boat building in the south and the west, as well as the other war-related production. Very interesting.