General Discussion, Monday, July 5, 2021

26 Responses to General Discussion, Monday, July 5, 2021

Happy Independence Day Bench Monday….

Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, Chaska, MN…

Decommissioned Peche Island Range Rear Light, Marine City, MI…

Have a great day!

Boston’s Freedom Trail & King’s Chapel – Drive Thru History® with Dave Stotts

Mornin’ all!

• auscitizenmom says:

ROTF LMAO. 😀

• Lucille says:

Good morning, WeeWeed! Well, what can one say? Is there attribution for the change?Where is the link? You can’t just put in an edit with no confirmation of where you got the info.

Besides which, indifference is in the eye of the beholder, I’d say. It’s my understanding that penguins are very polite.

Peter Penguin wrote in his bio that he was standing at attention when Piper Kerr was playing the Scottish national anthem. Now, to some that may be perceived as “indifference.” After all, not everyone knows what emotions penguins are feeling at any given moment.

Peter believed very much, however, in giving respect…especially to someone who played the bagpipes with such vigor and expertise. He said it was the best rendition of any country’s national anthem that he ever heard. (See “The Peter Penguin Antarctic Experience” – page 237 – published by Harper & Brothers – 1905).

Yes, Peter chose an American publishing house over one in Scotland or elsewhere in the UK, mainly because they offered more Antarctic Toothfish in payment. And you know how “tight” Scotsmen are reputed to be.

Good afternoon, WeeWeed!

Unnecessary edit, as it is clear who is playing the bagpipes.

Mornin’ Wee, Lucille, and everyone else who comes later. Weird morning here. It is almost 80* but doesn’t feel hot and is humid, but fairly comfortable, and it is strangely quiet. The calm before the storm? I haven’t seen the news or weather yet. Hope everyone enjoyed and is enjoying the weekend. I just want to go back to bed. 🙄

• Lucille says:

Good morning, aus! It’s hard to know yet what the day will hold weather-wise. I think we’ll be somewhere in the 90s and the sun does seem to be seeping through the blinds right now.

Going back to bed does sound nice, though I did wake up today with aches from head to toe. Perhaps if I had a bedroom like any of these and a really comfy mattress….

Stark Rustic

Rustic

French

Georgian

I’m partial to the Stark Rustic, though I would have a vase of muted-color flowers sitting with the candles.

• Lucille says:

Terrific! It’s certainly catching on. A costume jewelry company is missing an opportunity to create pins, necklaces and bracelets with TRUMP WON in various styles. I’d definitely buy a pin.

Here you are, Lucille!

• Lucille says:

Thanks! Went to Zazzle and typed in “American buttons and pins Trump Won” and the only thing that popped up was “It happened. Trump won” with a big flying in the center. A bit of censorship going on re the one in your illustration, I think: “Product designed by ButtonMania is no longer available” was the notation.

Guess I’ll have to make my own but not with Zazzle because of all the mounds of anti-Trump junk.

I have a half boneless pork butt slow roasting in the oven. Rubbed with my rib rub first. Smells really good in here!

• WeeWeed says:

You must try pork chops lightly sprinkled with Paul Prudhomme’s Blackened Redfish seasoning and pepper and baked sometime. I KNOW what it sounds like – but I use that seasoning on tons of stuff, anymore.

Sounds good. This time I served it with barbecue sauce, which is sort of like pulled pork.

• Menagerie says:

Wee, I use seafood seasoning on pork too, love it. My favorite is Rub With Love by Tom Douglas, a Seattle chef. Used to buy it on Amazon, but I have also ordered it directly from his restaurant, and man, is it ever the best and easiest salmon recipe.

He’s got a bunch of rubs but I love that one. When Chris used to go salmon fishing in BC those guys at the lodge used it. Anyhow, I think if you read the ingredients on the labels for seafood rubs they sound good for pork, so I tried it too.

• Lucille says:

PERFECT! These signs should pop up everywhere and in every form and place…on the ocean floor, Mt. Everest, defiant sailors placing them aboard U.S. Navy ships, in the WDC Capitol Building, on tracking bands for birds and other creatures, bathing suits, bicycles, trikes…you name it, you got it.

Attorney Matt DePerno: A Security Breach of Election Registration Servers in Arizona Occurred on Nov. 3 – Sec of State Hobbs Knew About It But Kept It Hidden
    By Joe Hoft – Published July 5, 2021 at 1:00pm

This is a significant issue. The fact that the Secretary of State and the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors knew this but didn’t report it is startling. What else are they hiding?