New Year’s Resolutions 2021

best-funny-new-years-resolutions-2015-memes-5Should you, or shouldn’t you? Make resolutions, that is.

Lots of us make resolutions for the New Year, and many of us don’t attain our resolution goals, but if you make resolutions you are more likely to succeed, according to the Statistics Brain Research Institute.

* Percent of Americans who usually make New Year’s Resolutions: 41%
* Percent of Americans who infrequently make New Year’s Resolutions: 17%
* Percent of Americans who absolutely never make New Year’s Resolutions: 42%
* Percent of people who are successful in achieving their resolution: 9.2%
* Percent who have infrequent success: 48.4%
* Percent who never succeed and fail on their resolution each year: 42.4%
* People who explicitly make resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than people who don’t explicitly make resolutions

NYE-R2

Most resolutions – from my own observation – have to do with health and fitness.  Lose weight. Exercise more. Eat more healthy food. Eat less junk food. Drink less alcohol. Drink more water. Quit smoking.

new-years-resolutions2

I know what I need to do, but will I do it?  It’s said that writing it all down, and making an action plan, will increase the likelihood of success in the New Year.

May the next year find your waistline slimmer, your wallet fatter, your cholesterol lower, and your tolerance level higher. And ….

May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s Resolutions!

This entry was posted in Hobbies & General Interest, Holidays, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to New Year’s Resolutions 2021

1. Surfhut says:

Happy New Year! I do not make resolutions but do think about what I want to do/not do in a brand new year. Woke up this morning to beautiful snow. It is still coming down. I feel like a happy, delighted little kid! Great way to start a new year.

2. hocuspocus13 says:

Happy New Year
    🥳🥳🥳
    I believe in Resolutions but to add something to my life usually something new different and exciting

I didn’t make any resolutions for this new year. I’m just going to try to hang in there.

I have a cousin who lost 100 pounds in 2020 through exercise and diet. I think that’s amazing!

• texan59 says:

That is awesome! I lost 30# through clean(er) eating, and walking. Couldn’t go into a gym after April 1, then had the surgery in Sept. Just kept walking. Walked almost 1650 miles for the calendar year.
      I don’t do resolutions, but written goals, primarily pointed to the financial aspects for retirement someday.

6. litenmaus says:

Same resolution every year….
    “This year I resolve to……breathe in & breathe out”