General Discussion, Saturday, September 26, 2020

Dancers at the Braemar Gathering in Scotland.

58 Responses to General Discussion, Saturday, September 26, 2020

Stellars….

Archbishop Viganò Issues Warning to Catholics at Annual Breakfast: President Trump Is Preparing to Fight Against Demonic Forces of Deep State and New World Order
    By Jim Hoft – Published September 25, 2020 at 10:21pm

Archbishop Vigano warned Catholics on the historic spiritual importance of this 2020 election on the future of this country and this planet.

• Wouldn’t it be funny if Trump really is nominating someone else! I hate these leaks!!!

But to ACB Yes a good troll of the regressives.

I say just go right to a vote and ignore the disgusting theater, but then I wonder if the dems won’t show up, do they have enough bodies for a quorum?

4. lovely says:

This is terrific news;

I stand by my conclusion that Attorney Pierce is in way over his head. I have other thoughts on Pierce that are best not posted on public forum…

The big boys are now in play.

5. Morning All 🙂

Wild & crazy socks there Stella! 😉

Beautiful pics Lucille! Wouldn’t I love to walk through those areas! I was just out taking pics in my yard in the sunshine yesterday, and in the fog this morning for comparison.

When people think of Art Nouveau posters they usually think of Alphonse Mucha, however he was not the only famous AN artist! The below pics are by Théophile-Alexandre Steinlen Lausanne 1859 – Lausanne 1923 In 1878 he went to Paris, where he initially earned a living as a technical draftsman. In 1883 he moved to the artists’ neighborhood of Montmartre, where he met and made friends with artists like Toulouse-Lautrec, Aristide Bruant, Vallaton and Alphone Allais.
    At that time, he worked as a draftsman and illustrator for the papers “Le Chat Noir” and “Le Mirliton”. In 1884 he held his first exhibition at La Bodinière. In 1885 Steinlen drew the first of his famous posters: a poster for the Hotel de Paris in Trouville sur Mer. From 1893 he exhibited his works at the Salon des Indépendants and later regularly held exhibitions at the Salon des Humoristes. In 1911 Steinlen founded the paper “Les Humorists” together with Forain and Léandre and worked as a book illustrator.

Apparently, he really liked cats!

Have a great day everyone! 🙂

• Lucille says:

In 2017 this was the auction price for the second of your illustrations in large poster form…
      “Lait pur Sterilisé” 1894.
      Alexandre-Theophile Steinlen
      38 1/2 x 54 inches
      Est: $10,000-$12,000.

A small original lithograph at Etsy is…
      $1,454.00.

I was going to purchase the small original litho in the 1980s for around $75 unframed from a proprietor in Westwood a couple of blocks from UCLA. But I already had paintings, lithos and etchings stashed under beds and filling closets; so I thought I’d better draw the line at collecting.

Mornin’ everyone. I think I am finally recovering from my flights to visit my family. Time to get some housework done. I heard yesterday that Florida is opening up a little more. I sure hope so. Hope everybody is dry and safe for now.

I can’t believe this. I turn on the TV to watch the last Navy Football game that I recorded to watch today. I think my neighbors must be stone cold deaf. I have spoken to them before about how loud they play their music. It just boom boom booms over here. She said she would turn down the bass and for a long time it was ok. But, I guess HE turtned it back up and I am afraid the wall is going to shake down. So, I turned up the football game so I can’t hear the bass so well.

THEN, the announcers started talking about racial equality, etc. I am certain it was scripted for them from the way they talked. This is on ESPN.
    I thought they would mention it and quit. NOOOOOOOOO, they just went on and on. I was just about ready to call it quits, but then………………the music next door. Sigh, at least it isn’t Rap. 😦