General Discussion, Friday, July 3, 2020

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to General Discussion, Friday, July 3, 2020

1. czarowniczy says:

Thought I’d post this here too:

Police friend sent me a piece – seems the Virginia legislature’s drafting legislation that will change assaulting a police officer from a felony to a misdemeanor. They’re also limiting the amount of force an officer can use in responding to an assault just to complete the ‘Open Season on Police’ scenario.

Meanwhile NYC wants to cut $1-billion from NYPD funding and Los Angeles is looking to dump LAPD completely. Snake Plisskin, calling Snake Plisskin…

Not to be undone, a couple of anti-Israeli groups here are lobbying PDs not to allow their officers to train with the Israeli police or military police as they say the Israelis are secretly teaching them techniques like the one that was used to kill George Floyd. This isn’t new, it’s been going on for years, I first heard of it nearly 10 years ago when US agencies that wanted Israel’s help in counter-terrorist operations and intelligence planning sent officers to train there. Anti-semitic, pro-Palestinian and some Moslem pressure groups started the BS narrative that Israel was teaching US police to be racist, profile innocent groups and use deadly force without justification. It was BS and the departments knew it but under heavy lobbying by the aforementioned groups politicians pressured their LEAs and a few states and local governments have stopped having anyone associated with their LEA from taking any training in Israel..The latest black killings by police, justified or not, have given them an ‘in’ to BLM groups (who seem willing to partner with anyone for The Cause), getting them to pick up the rhetoric that Israel’s police training is behind the dead black victims. It’s like no one CAIRs about the truth anymore.

• lovely says:

And the results of all of this will be exactly what The Soros Clan wants. Good LE will walk away, replaced by zealots who will decide if you are not wearing a mask you pose a clear and present danger.

Mayhem in the streets to usher in Marshal Law.

Again 8 million guns sold since March.

• auscitizenmom says:

This is really scary. What really scares me is that couple in St. Louis (I believe) who had the protesters on their property and they held them off with guns, and now the police won’t come, no private security companies will come, and the prosecutor wants to prosecute them for not allowing their house to be burnt down when what they did was legal.

• czarowniczy says:

The various international criminal cartels who make billions off of illegal activities in the US have a hand and money in this too.

• lovely says:

I assume you’re not lumping the Kenyan in with them?

• czarowniczy says:

Why not? And the Mena-yans too.

The modern move to destroy the police has its roots in the 70s and its branches in the move to disband ICE and destroy the position of sheriff across the country.

Note that we’re not hearing any calls to disband the FBI and were they not, I guess, having their own fingers in this we might think they have an agenda to have themselves appointed the nation’s police force as nations like China and Russia have done.

Stellars…

• lovely says:

Good morning Lucille 🙂 !

• Lucille says:

Hello, lovely! It’s a bad morning for me as I received an email that one of my dearest and oldest friends has passed away. Though I continued to send him messages, I hadn’t heard from him via email since December 16th wherein he informed me he was in 24/7 care in Oregon plus included this: “I am looking forward to seeing you next in God’s kingdom. Blessings!” I can’t stop crying.

A large group of former co-workers and I keep in touch. Lately the emails are about someone in our group passing away. This particular email informing me of my pal’s death elicited return emails talking about what a great person he was and listing some of their fun remembrances of him. Very heartwarming. It’s so great to know that people you loved were loved a lot by others, too.

He loved this cd which I’d sent him and his wife for Christmas just a few weeks before his wife passed away 12 years ago. This was one of their favorite songs…

“Amazing Grace” by Bryn Terfel from SIMPLE GIFTS

I know he is with his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and all the family members he so loved. No more suffering, no more pain. R.I.P. Louis!

• auscitizenmom says:

I’m so sorry about the loss of your friend. ❤

• JTR says:

Awww, Lucille. I’m so sorry, but at least you have the comfort of knowing where he is now. I bet he wouldn’t want you to be so sad. Give him a little smile, It will make you feel a little better.

• Menagerie says:

Lucille, I am so sorry for your loss. May the Good Lord grant him eternal rest.

• Lucille says:

Thank you, Menagerie! He loved people and was always the life of the party. I can hear his baritone laugh right now.

• lovely says:

Prayers for you Lucille, loss is so hard, Louis must have been awesome, prayers for him and all who loved him.

My dad had a little phonebook it was a magnetic one that flipped down like an accordion, he would keep it in his chest pocket (did I mention he had a pace maker) anyhow once in a while who would take it out and say “Most of these people are dead.” He said to be funny because he was generally melancholy and thought it sounded dramatic. It was eventually a true statement though.

How good it is to keep in touch with friends from the past.

One of my favorite songs;

• Lucille says:

Thanks so much, lovely! Louis loved music of all kinds, but especially jazz. His fav gal singer was Anita O’Day…

• lovely says:

Nice 🙂 . Music can be a balm to the heart, a snap to the soul, a link to the past, a promise of a future or a tickle to the feet, all depending on the moment.

“Elegy for Dunkirk” – Keira Knightley & James McAvoy – ATONEMENT

At the moment I’m rather obsessive about this composition. I’ve been playing it since D-Day though I’ve not seen the film as the plot is way too sad. James McAvoy, however, is wonderful. He’s a very fine actor if the clips I’ve seen are representative of his talent.

Statement by Ambassador Kelly Craft on Exposing China’s Gross Human Rights Abuses
    Ambassador Kelly Craft, Permanent Representative
    U.S. Mission to the United Nations
    New York, New York
    June 30, 2020
    Exposing China’s Gross Human Rights Abuses

The world has known about the Chinese Communist Party’s gross and systematic abuses of human rights for decades, but too often turned a blind eye. I salute the United Nations special rapporteurs and human rights experts for courageously breaking this silence and standing up for the Chinese people.

The June 26 statement issued by the rapporteurs and experts reveals the true state of human rights in the People’s Republic of China. It outlines the CCP’s systematic repression of religious and ethnic minorities; the disappearance and detention of lawyers and human rights defenders; and the regime’s use of forced labor. The statement also notes that the PRC’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic has featured retaliation against journalists, medical workers, and others who questioned the PRC’s censorship and brutality.

I urge all my counterparts at the United Nations and in international organizations around the world to take note of this statement. The PRC’s human rights record is deplorable, and its efforts to disguise that record must be countered with more transparency, more discussion, and more truth, as the UN’s founders envisioned. The Trump administration will continue to lead those efforts, and will take every opportunity to give voice to those in Xinjiang, Tibet, Hong Kong, and elsewhere who are prevented from using theirs.

Click here to view the full report: https://usun.usmission.gov/statement-by-ambassador-kelly-craft-exposing-chinas-gross-human-rights-abuses/

5. Menagerie says:

I’m never going to make these, looks like too much trouble and not too tasty to me. But I thought the shape of them quite interesting and beautiful. Short vid shows how it is done.

6. fbwallflower says:

From Paul Furber on twitter and now blocked out:
    “Update: Ghislaine was staying in a property with a mailing address managed out of a Boston law firm. The lawyer who runs it is married to an attorney named Fauci. It appears that her grandfather is Anthony Fauci’s brother. Great digging by a listener.” 10:00 AM 03 Jul 20 TweetDeck