Good News!! (& happy stories), June 26, 2020

Love this little guy!

Wish this was my neighbor!

Clever!

Lovely.

Goodness. Why?

I didn’t know owls could swim. Did you?

Vocabulary.

Crazy cat!

Makes sense.

Kind of amazing.

Beautiful.

Yes, they do.

True?

Awwww! Puppies!

Charlie’s prayer.

Remember this?

This entry was posted in Good news, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Good News!! (& happy stories), June 26, 2020

1. JTR says:

Aquarius brings a lot of memories! We had to sing it in choir when I was in HS. I still remember most of the words.
    My favorite Scottish word was “Dreacht”. My boss at work taught me it. It means a really drizzly rainy and cold day. Just miserable. I’m not sure if it’s spelled right, but that’s what he sounded like. We had a lot of those, lol.
    I hope everyone is having a nice day. We be hot!

2. czarowniczy says:

Raspberries:

When I lived in Santa Monica, CA in the 1980s a guy on the next street over had a yogurt truck (like the old ice cream trucks) which he called Humphrey Yogurt and the names of toppings had to do with Bogart’s films. He hired out for parties in costume.

While the saying, “The reader does not steal and the thief does not read” may be true, would you want to purchase a book which has been stacked up next to an open water drainage trough getting mildewed or moldy 24/7? Third world thinking.

4. czarina33 says:

Yes to eveything except the giant manta ray, which makes me sad because such a magnificent creature was caught and killed, and probably thrown away. I mean, I’ve never heard of anyone cooking and serving manta ray.

I thought exactly the same thing.

• Lucille says:

Yes, that was my first thought, too. I just looked up manta rays and, unfortunately, some cultures (well-off Chinese) do eat their gill plates. Also, their flesh from the pectoral wings is used to bait lobster traps. Generally, though, they are mistakenly caught in large net catches.

This info makes me even sadder: “Manta Rays are not dangerous. They are even harmless and can’t hurt any diver or swimmer. They are usually very curious and swim around the divers.” – https://divezone.net/manta-ray

5. Joan says:

I have the same issue. Have always frozen them but this year tried water bath canning with light syrup. They are so delicious still very little sugar. Use the canned raspberries for everything. I do this with fresh local apricots also. You will love it.