Good News!! (& happy stories), March 22, 2020

Coronavirus good news. She’s recovering!

Our pets are happy to have us at home.

It’s GOOD to have friends!

I never thought of dog walking as something volunteers could do, but fortunately someone did!

Modern Superman.

Helping kids!

Michelin-Star chef Massimo Bottura is teaching free online cooking classes during this time when people are stuck at home and restaurants across the world are closed.

sunny skyz

Every night, Chef Bottura is streaming how he prepares his nightly meals.

He is calling the live streams “Kitchen Quarantine,” which take place at 3pm ET on his official Instagram account.

Also from sunny skyz:

A landlord in Maine announced he will not be collecting rent from his tenants in April due to the COVID-19 virus outbreak.

Nathan Nichols, of South Portland, wrote on Facebook that the tenants living in the two units he owns are service and hourly workers, who may be out of work in the coming months.

“Because I have the good fortune and of being able to afford it and the privilege of being in the owner class, I just let them know I would not be collecting rent in April,” Nichols wrote. “I ask any other landlords out there to take a serious look at your own situation and consider giving your tenants some rent relief as well.”Not a bad idea. Get the Spring cleaning done early.

Lightness is important these days.

Every day is a great day to be alive!

This entry was posted in Good news, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Good News!! (& happy stories), March 22, 2020

1. czarina33 says:

Yea! Everyone of them! How about adding anatomy and problem solving to the curriculum, with “Wrong Hand Day” wherein the kids do everything with the non-dominant hand, from opening doors to brushing teeth. Also, reading via the mirror, and writing with the non-dominant hand or upside down or backwards.

2. MaryfromMarin says:

Thank you again, stella! My followers on twitter are enjoying these! (Me, too, especially the homeschooling one–why didn’t *I* think of those classes?????)

3. MaryfromMarin says:

p.s. I also like the floaty balloons!

4. MaryfromMarin says:

The MRI post is cited on iOTWr, with a hat tip to your site, stella:

• czarowniczy says:

How about doing that for me? About a year ago I spent 45 minutes completely enclosed one of those Pringles cans. Luckily there was an open bar right next to the place – they do a lot of business.

Another great list. I had just read the one about the poor little doggie spraining his tail when my DIL called. She said their dog did that too. They went on a trip and camped and she was so happy she ended up spraining her tail. LOL They had to take her to the vet when they got back.

6. czarowniczy says:

Well our latest grandson just started to walk and started talking…there is something other than gloom and doom.