General Discussion, Saturday, March 2, 2019

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

135 Responses to General Discussion, Saturday, March 2, 2019

1. czarowniczy says:

Just watching a Hershey’s Crunch bar commercial where a smiling woman in a hijab smilingly bites into a infidel candy bar (did they have those in the time of the prophet?).

Here we are, just less than twenty years after they flew planes into three US buildings and one vacant field, killing thousands in the process, and we’re still fighting them in Syria after they murdered thousands Christians and lesser Moslems – and they’re appearing in our TV commercials.

OK, when will they appear in the Ginsu knife commercials?

2. http://michellemalkin.com/2019/03/01/cpac-at-the-bridge/

Yesterday I posted a short clip of Michelle Malkin from CPAC. If you like Michelle, this is excellent.

• This is her transcript, but you can go to @CPAC on Twitter, if youโ€™d like to watch clips of her or other various speakers. President Trump will be speaking sometime today.

• Lucille says:

President Trump was a hoot today…love it when he goes off script.

Also LOVED when he brought the young man onstage who was assaulted at UCBerkeley and asked him to say a few words. He hugged the President at the end. Of course I’m blubbering away from the moment President Trump asked him to come to the podium.

Walmart is supposed to deliver me a bunch of Kleenex today. None too soon!! LOL!

3. lovely says:

Now that is a blue bird!

4. lovely says:

10 Smiles.

1) Armed and dangerous.

Little Gwen Bearn pulls her sledge laden with snowballs across London’s Hampstead Heath one snowy morning on Dec. 29, 1931. (Fox Photos/Getty Images)

2) โ€œA bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.โ€ โ€”ย Chinese Proverb

3) When I was in the backyard, my sock fell off and went over the fence.__Owen, age 5

4) What is a dinosaur called when itโ€™s sleeping?

A dino-snore

๐Ÿ™ƒ

6) I will miss you while Iโ€™m sleeping.โ€__Bryce, age 4

7) The Harpy Eagle.

8) โ€Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we are born.โ€ __Albert Einstein

9) Isaiah 11:6-9 The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play over the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder’s den. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.

10)

• czarowniczy says:

Come on, this is just another person reporting what’s been going on for decades. Let’s go back and revisit the recent drought in California where the mere mortals had to go to extremes to conserve water or face legal consequences while Hollywood celebs kept their estate lawns watered and their huge – and largely unused – pools filled. And the water that LA uses that’s stolen from sources hundreds of miles away, a lot of it evaporating even before it reaches LA? And how about Owens Lake drying up provide water for LA, causing heavy environmental damages in the process? You hear any of those Hollywood ‘Green’ weenies going on about the evils of that?

Phooey, broken hypocrites who should be given the worst punishment possible – to be forced to live as we do.

Mornin’ y’all!

6. nyetneetot says:

Another week down. One to go. All is well. Remain calm.

7. Liked by 6 people

8. lovely says:

9. lovely says:

Not an apology nor a retraction.

Amen.

I ordered a packet of bush cucumber gherkin seeds through Amazon. It’s not a problem, but funny, that the packet is entirely in Russian (?) The variety is supposedly an heirloom Ukrainian variety.

• Interesting! I want to try to make some pickles using ACV instead of white vinegar. Iโ€™ve never done it before, but it canโ€™t be too hard. I hope your gherkins grow well.

• Lucille says:

The packet probably has Ukrainian rather than Russian writing. Both languages are in Cyrillic so they look similar.

Ukrainian

Russian

I found this at a language site…”In terms of vocabulary, the Ukrainian language is the closest to Belarusian (16% of differences), and the Russian language to Bulgarian (27% of differences). After Belarusian, Ukrainian is also closer to Slovak, Polish and Czech than to Russian โ€“ 38% of Ukrainian vocabulary is different from Russian.”
      Ukrainian And Russian Languages: How Similar? How Different
      July 3, 2018

• czarowniczy says:

Same here last year but then Amazon also serves as a storefront for small business that want to sign on. The seeds were probably foreign as it’s getting harder and harder finding non-hybrids here, much of what you buy is supplied by just a few growers and is repackaged.

It’s like Gurneys, a company I used for years when we lived in Utah. I started using them again when we moved up here and noticed a stark charge (OK, there was a 30 year hiatus) in the format. It wasn’t until I noticed similarities in other company catalogs that I found out a holding company now owned Gurneys, Brecks, Henry Fields and a bunch of other companies that had different names but the same products.

I like the heirlooms in some cases, heirloom tomatoes have different and great tastes but some of the Heinz-developed varietals are convenient to grow and preserve and I’m betting you’ll like the heirloom cukes.

I have some heirloom tomato seeds too, but they are old seeds, and I hope that they germinate. If not, I’ll have to buy some new ones from migardener.com. There are a few other good seed companies still around.

• czarowniczy says:

USDA has a seed vault where they keep the seeds at carefully controlled temp/humidity. At intervals they take some out, plant them and see if they’re still viable. Some decades old have been germinated.

We have seeds buried underground here for decades that germinate when we till, we get stuff growing that we haven’t see before.

From what I see the oldest seed ever germinated and grown into a viable plant was a 2000 year old date seed from Herod’s castle. Nature takes care of itself quite well.

By the way, if any of you are ordering seeds, consider looking at migardener.com. He’s a young guy based in Port Huron, MI, has a storefront, a YouTube channel, and all of the usual social media channels.

His seed packets are only 99 cents each, and he has a lot of really interesting varieties. He has other stuff too.

There are links to Parts I-IV in the body of this article…definitely worth the read and filing for future reference…IMO, Hoft reveals the true reason we’ve always suspected for Hillary’s unsecured server…never was a nickname so very well deserved–Crooked Hillary…

MEDIA SILENT: Clinton Foundation-Connected AGT Forwarded Top Secret US Intel to RUSSIA โ€“ FBI/DOJ Covered It Up โ€“ PART V
    By Joe Hoft – March 2, 2019

13. The Tundra PA says:

Howdy, Stellar friends! Today is the big day, the ceremonial start of Iditarod Sled Dog Race! I’m glued to the TV and the Iditarod.com website watching the teams leave the start line in Anchorage one by one. My good friend Aliy Zirkle drew starting position #19 and she and the team looked great as they took off. Of course, every team looks great at the start; it’s what they look like at the finish that tells the tale. A thousand miles of hard trail lies ahead of them. This year has a smaller field of mushers than in recent years; 53 teams will start the race. Some years have 70 to 80 teams. Inevitably, some will scratch along the way. Seventeen of the mushers are women; 10 of the mushers are rookies. Two of the four women rookies are from Bethel, and one of them is a young woman I have known since she was a child, Jessica Klejka. I was delighted to see her name on the roster this year, and hope she does well.

Another Bethel musher in the mix is Pete Kaiser. He finished in 5th place last year and is a serious contender if he has a good race this year.

My Native friend from the Bethel area, Mike Williams, Jr, is not running Iditarod this year. I don’t know why, but I suspect his focus has had to shift from raising and training dogs to supporting his young family (he and his wife have 4 small children).

Aliy’s husband, Allen Moore, is not running a second team from their kennel in Iditarod this year. Allen finished the Yukon Quest last month in second place, missing the win by a matter of hours after 9 days of racing.

After the Ceremonial Start with an 11 mile run through Anchorage, the dogs will be loaded into trucks and driven to Willow for the Official Restart tomorrow morning. That’s when the race clock begins; today doesn’t count, it is just a circus show for the TV cameras.

So once again I’m hoping this will be Aliy’s year. Mushers can be a supersticious lot; Aliy is taking it as a good omen that her starting place is Bib #19 and this is her 19th year running Iditarod.

GO ALIY!! Go dogs! Yee haw, it’s THE IDITAROD!

• lovely says:

Go Aliy!

I’m looking forward to your updates Tundra!

• The Tundra PA says:

Thanks lovely. It is so much fun for me to share my love of dog mushing with you all.

• Lucille says:

Ditto! Love the updates.

Route….

• The Tundra PA says:

That’s a lot of miles right there! I love the Southern route best because it actually goes through the ghost town of Iditarod. The Northern route, which is run in even years, does not. Also the Southern route is not as mentally grueling for the dogs or the mushers because fewer miles are on the frozen Yukon River (which usually produces monster winds in the winter).

• lovely says:

Can you imagine, on a sled? With a team of dogs?

• The Tundra PA says:

A very large team of well-trained, powerful dogs who love to pull and would do anything for you. There is nothing quite like it!

• lovely says:

I can’t imagine. I’m sure that it is exhilarating but it is foreign to me and I stand in awe of the brave souls willing to brave such an extreme terrain.

• The Tundra PA says:

lovely, it absolutely takes your breath away.

• auscitizenmom says:

I have a couple of friends who went to Alaska years ago and one of the things they enjoyed the most was riding on a dogsled. Of course, it wasn’t one of the professional ones like you are talking about. The dogs were a mix, and I believe they even said one was a dachshund. But, they said it took off like a shot and the dogs loved to run.

• The Tundra PA says:

The beautiful great heart of dog mushing is exactly that–how much the dogs love to run. It is joyous to watch them. I wonder what part of Alaska your friends were mushing in. Many non-sled-dog breeds will pull if given the opportunity and the encouragement. But a dachshund would not be a good sled dog; very little pulling power and legs too short to keep up with the team for very long. A team of standard poodles ran the Iditarod about 30 years ago. You can search on “poodle sled dogs” and see pictures.

• auscitizenmom says:

I might be wrong, but I thought that was what they said because it seemed too strange. I will try to remember to ask my friend tomorrow about it.

• auscitizenmom says:

I just remembered, they went on a cruise.

I’m trying to cut back on bad snacks, but I wanted something that I could grab if I needed a ‘fix’. Found this, and just made some with what I had on hand. They are chilling, but I tasted what was left in the bowl, and it’s good!

I used peanut butter instead of almond butter, and some nuts I had in the freezer which I chopped medium fine (mixed nuts and honeyed almonds). I had dried cranberries and chia seeds, and I used a little unsweetened dark cocoa instead of choc chips.

I forgot to add honey and vanilla (doing from memory, and we all know how that is these days). I also added a little bit of peanut oil, which I happened to have. I did add old fashioned oats.

Archbishop: Catholic Politicians Voting for Infanticide or Abortion Up to Birth are โ€œOn a Path to Hellโ€
    By Micaiah Bilger – March 1, 2019

Catholic Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann issued a strong warning to Catholic political leaders who support infanticide and abortion up to birth.

16. Menagerie says:

I just saw this comment on another site. Worth passing on, I thought.

Heaven has a wall with strict entrance policies.
    Hell has wide open borders.

• Lucille says:

Matthew 7:13-14
      โ€œEnter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

17. lovely says:

Seems the hypocrite is going to be knocked down again and again by the MSM and Democrat oligarchs.

I guess Team Pelosi doesnโ€™t much like being told that it had better get in line behind the gaped mouthed, bug eyed, shrill, faux Bronx dullard.

Go figure.

Ocasio-Cortezโ€™s home cooking video contradicts address claims

Ouch !

Gas-guzzling car rides expose AOCโ€™s hypocrisy amid Green New Deal pledge

Double Ouch!!

18. lovely says:

I have been wondering about Barnes.

I know he offered to represent the Boys of Covington pro bono and he has tweeted some things that raised my eyebrow, interesting.

I just did some reading and video watching and it was stated that Barnes is representing 3 of the Boys of Covington.

Hmmmm……

lilbirdee12โ€™s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Col. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

Some peaceful and different views of the same scene…have a good Saturday evening, y’all….