Music of the Day – The Christmas Song

Mel Torme and Judy Garland.

This entry was posted in Holidays, Music, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Music of the Day – The Christmas Song

1. Menagerie says:

It is impossible for me to see any mention of Mel Torme without thinking of Harry on Night Court.

I don’t really know why (maybe I do) but I don’t like Little Drummer Boy.

One reason may be that it is difficult to sing on key, and many people do sing it slightly off key.

ps: That’s cute!

• It’s one of my favorite Christmas videos, ever. The doggies are so cute.

• There is a wonderful key-change in this song, too. Just sayin’. 😀

• What’s funny is I can sing and beat-box the entire song. It’s easy.

It would shatter your mind, if you heard it. You would throw things at me, and yell at me, and ask me “Why are you washing dishes??”

If you really believe that, then why aren’t you asking yourself the same question – and doing something about it?

• Because I’m a coward? Could be.

Just ask yourself – what’s the worst thing that could happen if you put yourself out there?

• Menagerie says:

I’m going to paraphrase a quote from Mother Angelica. Read about her if you don’t know who she is. I’ve been to the Shrine she had built in Alabama. Breathtaking, and in the most dusty road middle of nowhere you can imagine.

She said she never wanted to face God not having done the great things He gave her the ability to do because she was afraid to try.

You should find that video. It’s on YouTube. IIRC, the Shine was funded by twelve donors. Mother Angelica went ahead with it prior to having all of the money. There are some amazing stories about how that played out too.

She founded EWTN.

• Menagerie says:

P.S. I sure haven’t taken my own and Stella’s advice. I’m a coward too.

• Menagerie says:

And I regret it, and I believe with all my heart that I will have that conversation with God.

One of the people whose ambition coupled with tremendous action I admire, am in awe of, is my son. In having a conversation with him the other day about setting and achieving goals, making a plan to achieve them, he very casually said that he has a 20 year plan to become CEO of the company he works for, learn German (this year), and some kind of goals for improving his guitar playing that I didn’t really get. I guarantee you he has some outrageous fitness goals too.

This guy was born ambitious, and immediately realized ambitions are worthless without a plan and hard work. I know that, I’ve seen it his whole life. But even I was shocked at the CEO goal, and I shouldn’t have been, he always goes for the top.

We are all cowards to one degree or another. But in order to be your best, you have to just dive in sometimes.

2. Pingback: Music of the Day – The Christmas Song | Centinel2012