2018 Election Day reports, comments, news …

Although we are a small community here at Stella’s Place, please share your experiences at the polls, any news you hear, or just your opinions on today’s elections.

Conservatives are fired up, and I expect an excellent turnout throughout the country. We will, with providence, have a happy election celebration tonight!

PS: Now is the time for our lurkers to join in!

This entry was posted in 2018 Election, Government, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to 2018 Election Day reports, comments, news …

I used a mail in ballot this time. I have been a little paranoid since I had a spell with each knee and would have had trouble going to the polls if that happened again. I was determined to vote. I wish there was a way to check on it and make sure it was counted, but I don’t think there is.

In Michigan, our voting is very old-fashioned. We don’t have early voting or mail-in voting. We don’t have electronic voting machines. We use the kind where you fill in the oval, and then put it in a vote tabulator. They have a good system that precludes voter fraud, and all votes can be checked and recounted.

We do have absentee balloting, but only for reason – or if you are over the age of 60!

3. hanspostcard says:

Voted this morning here in eastern Ohio- looked like a good early turnout at the polls. I like voting on Election Day [and not earlier} live in a 5000 plus population town it was quick and painless. Not much of a line but it was a busy place people coming and going. Same here as you had in Michigan Stella- fill in the oval. No hanging Chad. The big issue here is a yes-no vote in the town on taxes to build a new school.

4. litenmaus says:

Here in small town Montana, we either need to go to the county seat and vote in person or we can sign up for absentee mail/walk-in ballots. I chose to vote absentee ballot and have made a number of trips to the courthouse. Each time that I was there, there was a steady stream of individuals coming in to either deliver ballots or cast their votes on paper ballots that are hand tallied by county employees.

The progressives in my county have decked out their vehicles and yards with Senator Tester paraphernalia but I myself have seen only one Rosendale yard sign. Representative Gianaforte’s campaign has been fairly silent in our area and again, lots of the Democrat signs for his opponent, but no signs in evidence for him.

I’m gonna chew my knuckles to the bone before this day is over. :0)

Somebody posted a link to an address to check on your absentee ballot. Mine is listed and the ballot is marked received.

6. jeans2nd says:

Watching my teeny tiny precinct, North Coast (Ohio). Nothing like what was happening in 2016, no steady stream of voters this time. The mood is different. The feeling is different. Most folks are happy again and are stupid enough to think things will remain so.

John Boehner is on the radio today. Lord, help us. Boehner is selling shares in his new pot startup.
    If Boehner on the radio does not get people out to vote, nothing will – we voted down pot, kicked Boehner out, and they just ignored our votes and our opinions.
    And so it goes.

second try at this, Stella, WP closed my connection lol

On November 8, 2016 I hadn’t even registered yet. My co-tenant in our duplex took me to the church where the polls were located and I registered/voted the same day. Had to bring along ID, proof of where I lived (my electricity bill), and proof of citizenship (my birth certificate and passport).

In 2018’s primary another neighbor and his wife (both Dems) took me to vote at the same polling place.

This time around, I voted via absentee ballot and will do so from now on out. So much easier and I don’t have to put up with blather from lefties.

8. Menagerie says:

My husband and I voted early last Thursday. The place was covered up, so many people there that traffic was logjammed in the parking lot and people had to get out of their vehicles and negotiate how to get everyone moving. People were saying that it was way more voters than even the presidential elections at their regular polling place.

I drove by this morning and again about a half hour ago. Not a lot of people there, but more than usual for the time of day I was there. This is a very rural area, so we usually never have large crowds. Unless you go at 7 in the morning or right after work it is rare to see more than a few people.

I think we had a huge early voter turnout around here.

I just have to share this advice Dana Perino’s mother texted to her: Mom’s advice. You have a busy day ahead of you Remember to eat and drink! (Wine when it is over). And, take a few breaks.

November 6, 2018
    The one question that really matters this election day
    By Gregory Buls

With the Nov. 6 midterm elections upon us, boilerplate issues such as taxes, spending, and immigration are important, but these are really window dressing, obscuring an existential question. The deeper question that underlies all of our politics is this: will American voters retain power over the future of their country? That is the question on the ballot on November 6, though it is not on the radar of most voters.

11. jeans2nd says:

Silly silly me. Everyone was working! Traffic picked up considerably after 3, lots of new pickups, and after 5, new family sedans and SUVs. Poll workers were lost dazed and confuzed, but that is normal. Everyone was happy to be there while I was there. Was even able to witness to a guy.
    And a good time was had by all. 😉

12. michellc says:

Something funny I forgot to tell about our little man. My daughter and I went to vote together so that we could each have a kid. lol
    Anyway little man was my kid and he wanted a ballot as well and I told him he wasn’t old enough to vote yet, but he could watch me vote and I’d tell him who was on the ballot if he wanted to know. He said, “I want to vote for Trump!” I said well you can’t vote for Trump and he said, “Well you better vote for Trump!” I told him Trump wasn’t on the ballot and he said, “well this is dumb why are we even here if we can’t vote for Trump?”

So later my daughter asked him what he knew about Trump and he said, “I heard the radio say vote for your kids future vote for Trump. I want a future.”

I’m pretty sure at 3 he has no clue what a future is, but it was still pretty funny.

• auscitizenmom says:

That is too funny. He is so adorable. When my son was 3, he heard a news report on the radio about little black boys being killed in the crossfire of shootings. They said it always seemed that the little boys that were killed were the smart, nice, good little boys. He got so alarmed and said people always said he was a smart, nice good little boy and asked if they were going to kill him. Imagine what a lot of talking it took to clear that up.

• michellc says:

I’m always amazed at the things kids hear that you don’t even realize they hear.

• auscitizenmom says:

We came home from church when he was around 3 and he started crying that he didn’t want me to die and become an angel. I called my friend who was one of the teachers in his class and asked what in the world they taught that day. She said they only mentioned in the lesson that there was an angel. He just had a really good creative imagination.

13. michellc says:

What’s up with Drudge and his blue light saying exit polls showing blue wave?