Brett Kavanaugh stands strong: letter to Grassley and Feinstein

Fox News

An embattled Brett Kavanaugh on Monday said he won’t be “intimidated into withdrawing” his nomination to the Supreme Court, as he called accusations he sexually harassed and assaulted women decades ago while in high school and college “smears” in a new letter to top lawmakers on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“I will not be intimidated into withdrawing from this process,” Kavanaugh wrote in the letter. “The coordinated effort to destroy my good name will not drive me out. The vile threats of violence against my family will not drive me out. The last minute character assassination will not succeed.”

Kavanaugh, who intends to testify Thursday before the committee about the allegations along with the first accuser, has been hit with fresh but uncorroborated accusations.

“There is now a frenzy to come up with something—anything—that will block this process and a vote on my confirmation from occurring,” Kavanaugh wrote. “These are smears, pure and simple. And they debase our public discourse.”

He told committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, and ranking member Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., he is determined to defend his integrity.

“Women from every phase of my life have come forward to attest to my character,” Kavanaugh wrote. “I am grateful to them. I owe it to them, and to my family, to defend my integrity and my name. I look forward to answering questions from the Senate on Thursday.”

This entry was posted in Government, News, Politics, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Brett Kavanaugh stands strong: letter to Grassley and Feinstein

1. hocuspocus13 says:

I was reading this with thoughts running through my mind then Kambree took my words even tho she used spine I said balls…👸…smile its a beautiful day!

2. lovely says:

This brings tears to my eyes.

Finally. We are fighting back. Finally people who can make a difference in and of themselves are saying I will not be intimidated.

Kavanaugh: ‘I will not be intimidated into withdrawing’

Go to hell Leftist scum!

Bravo Judge Kavanaugh! Bravo!

3. Gil says:

Something to share Stella.

4. Col.(R) Ken says:

I knew the Judge would fight. Not sure about the Una Party….Turtle, Grassley, and the rest

5. lovely says:

Oh Ms. Ford, stay home, get a headache, don’t put yourself though this you have nothing to gain. Your sons will thank you one day for not painting targets on their backs. That is the very best thing you can hope for. Oh and not to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

6. lovely says:

Holy cow! McDonnell is going (almost) full Trump on Twitter. Man what a terrible time to be a Liberal.

• hocuspocus13 says:

I do believe the Left went a bit overboard when they put out there that Kavanaugh had a “gang rape business” thru the early 1980s

The Party of the Jack Ass!

• jeans2nd says:

lovely, McConnell has been on a tear for a couple weeks. Quite surprising.
      McConnell spoke at the Value Voters Summit. McConnell took away the Senator’s s recess, then sold it back to them for a cost of judge confirmations.

McConnell also spoke on the Senate floor a couple weeks ago and today, and really lit into the Democrat Progressives. Amazing.

7. facebkwallflower says:

“Dear Chairman Grassley and Ranking Member Feinstein: When I testified in front of the Senate three weeks ago, I explained my belief that fair process is foundational to justice and to our democracy.”

I know ALL I need to know about Kavanaugh. Can not and will not trust him. Wolf in sheep’s clothing. We are not a democracy and, of course he knows that, but in his America the USA is indeed a democracy. That is just it, the Deep State is out of the closet and we insist they are not what they are.

Here we are praising the guy for having balls and he deneid our nation and could not stand beside her and say, “ When I testified in front of the Senate three weeks ago, I explained my belief that fair process is foundational to justice and to our REPUBLIC.”

• lovely says:

Are you serious facekwallflower or being facetious?

• hocuspocus13 says:

Well…wallflower

What other “wolf” things did he do?

• facebkwallflower says:

Deep ties to GW, both he and wife. Both appear to have been groomed by Bush, particularily wife. I overlooked this and other history (Starr Report , Anyone?). Looked at each as the exception, even let pass the strangeness of GW actually coming out and endorsing Brett. I mean, GW? The guy who kept his mouth shut all through Obama and then sporadically would trash talk Trump, speaks up? I have been defending Brett, as he should be defended against false accusations but ………

….Trump patriots did the predictable, right when Brett’s GOPe, Uniparty, Deep State loyalties were coming to light, Ford appears. It is right we defend against false accusations but……

Are the accusations to get Brett eliminated or to get Trump supporters on board via defending him (before the negative gets in the brain)? We are predictable and are not immune to psyops.

Remember when people first tried to point out Ted Cruz’s Goldman ties and other ties of his wife to prove he was not free to go rogue? Oh, how the naysayers were lambasted, mocked, banned from comment sections, etc.. Right when the info was spreading, out comes a story of Ted in sex scandal. We sure this was not put out by his powers-at-be? Everyone rallied around Ted so much they committed to #nevertrump. They made the promise, and being of sound character, will not go back on their word, to the point of undermining the president at every turn and by default, become resistance soldiers for Deep State.

Tinfoil hat stuff? Maybe, but Kav is going for being on the Supreme Court and calls us a democracy? This is way more serious than a president refering to America as such because Brett will be weighing decisions viewing the Constitution as a tool for democracy. Democracy is in direct conflict with our Constitution. Direct conflict.

So, yes, I am serious, not factitious.

• facebkwallflower says:

Facetitious

• lovely says:

There are very few people in the United States with the autonomy of President Trump. I can think of 1 who is involved in politics.

Every single person is going to be compromised in some way, every single person that President Trump brings to the table is going to be less than him. It is a simple undeniable truth.

What we have before us is those who choose to live in President Trump’s world and those who choose to remain living in their pre-Trump days. People who choose Trump will be part of righting our country.

The Bush family will never forgive Trump. So what. The Bush family is obsolete, their power vanquished and they have been exposed as the impolite people that they are.

Kavanaugh’s ties to them will not be greater than Brett Kavanaugh’s record on the court.

There is no way that if Jeb was president that Kavanaugh would not have folded by now. Innocent as he is. His daughters and his wife have received death threats. Kavanaugh will be hit with a cascading mountain of sexual assault claims. He will not be intimidated because of who nominated him.

Kavanaugh is a President Trump nominee, he is flipping the bird at Feinstein & Ford Inc. President Trump has Kavanaugh’s back. President Jeb would have stabbed him by now. This is what makes people loyal to President Trump and to ideals bigger than themselves.

There is absolutely nothing in Judge Kavanaugh’s written decisions or papers to suggest this assertion to have a factual basis.

Kavanaugh’s favorite recreational reading material is the Federalist Papers.

Democracy, especially with a small “d” is almost universally loosely used and there are many who argue that a representative republic is a form of a democracy as it is a government that does enable the people to construct laws through their representatives.

Hell we have amendments to our Constitution.

“No determinations are carried, it is true, in a simple or representative democracy, but by consent of the majority of the people or their representatives. “___John Adams

“I might have exhibited as many millions of plebeians sacrificed by the pride, folly, and ambition of their fellow-plebeians and their own, in proportion to the extent and duration of their power. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. It is in vain to say that democracy is less vain, less proud, less selfish, less ambitious, or less avaricious than aristocracy or monarchy. It is not true, in fact, and nowhere appears in history. Those passions are the same in all men, under all forms of simple government, and when unchecked, produce the same effects of fraud, violence, and cruelty. When clear prospects are opened before vanity, pride, avarice, or ambition, for their easy gratification, it is hard for the most considerate philosophers and the most conscientious moralists to resist the temptation.”__John Adams

Judge Kavanaugh knows that the United States is a Republic. So did John Adams.

Sides are no longer drawn and decided in the dark. Choices are made in the bold sunlight.

It is a new world.

• lovely says:

Persuade your fellow citizens it’s a good idea and pass a law. That’s what democracy is all about. It’s not about nine superannuated judges who have been there too long, imposing these demands on society.__Justice Antonin Scalia

• lovely says:

And a PS before I go to bed. Please don’t misinterpret my words.

That’s the argument of flexibility and it goes something like this: The Constitution is over 200 years old and societies change. It has to change with society, like a living organism, or it will become brittle and break. But you would have to be an idiot to believe that. The Constitution is not a living organism; it is a legal document. It says something and doesn’t say other things. Antonin Scalia

8. lovely says:

Let’s talk “Trifecta”.

9. trumpismine says:

The bravery of the judge is inspirational. I put myself in his situation and I would look away in disgust.
    Confirm and emulate young patriots.