LIVE: Deputy AG Rosenstein & FBI Director Wray testify on 2016 election

Better late than never! The House Judiciary Committee holds a hearing on “Oversight of FBI and DOJ Actions Surrounding the 2016 Election”. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray are testifying before the committee.

This entry was posted in Government, News, Politics, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to LIVE: Deputy AG Rosenstein & FBI Director Wray testify on 2016 election

OMG DeSantis was great. I am glad I had recorded and was watching it late because I just had to skip Sheila Jackson’s screed. I may be uninformed because of that, but I doubt it. I doubt she said anything that was worth anything

And, Gowdy is doing great. I just wish something would come of it. 😦 Too often it doesn’t. Or, should I say, it never has. 😦

Oh, dear, I know it is not appropriate, but when Jordan finished I felt like grabbing him and hugging and kissing him. That was great and real.

Rosenstein is a smart ass, cocky bastard. Somebody should wipe that grin off his face.

• auscitizenmom says:

AGREE!!!

• Lucille says:

Rosenstein is “thin-skinned” personified, and whiny about it, too, getting all upset then indicating Jordan was attacking him personally. Where are we…8th grade?

Everyone should simply calm the heck down, IMO. Even if committeemen feel they’re getting the runaround, it’s not appropriate to ask questions and then not allow the person to answer. Time is squandered when tempers and emotions rise.

I think it may have been Chris Farrell of Judicial Watch who recently said Congress conducts the hearings all wrong. It should never be 5 minutes for a Repub and 5 minutes for a Dem. There should be one central “prosecutor” type who does all the questioning, after which individual congressmen get a say for blah-blah minutes. The way they do it now just provides camera time for people to look important.

• auscitizenmom says:

Makes sense. But, how could you get a “prosecutor” to ask pertinent questions?

• Lucille says:

The committee decides on questions beforehand and then consults on follow-up questions when necessary. It’s just that one person is responsible for verbally presenting questions and not multiple people. And “commentary” about other members or party propaganda is not allowed.

I don’t much remember how the Watergate committee was set up. It was basically run by the majority which was Democrat (Sam Ervin), but the minority had their spokesman, too (Howard Baker, maybe?). But it as orderly. And, of course, people went to jail.

At one point today Trey Gowdy actually made a statement rather than questioning Rosenstein. But it was right on the money, IMO.

The congressmen don’t always stay on topic, either. Like bringing up the border crisis in a hearing about the IG report.

I have stuff to do, I can’t sit here watching this all day. What am I going to do?…………………………………………………….Ok. sit her all day. 🙄

5. lovely says:

Earlier today Director Wray said these exact words ”there is an ongoing counter intelligence operation” in response to a question about the spying on the candidate, President Elect and President Trump (spying is not the word used by the questioner but I wanted to write down what Wray said verbatim so I missed some of what surrounded his statement).

🤔😳😱 🤔😳😱 🤔😳😱

I will bet he did not mean to say that. A whole lot of elites just got a ton more uncomfortable.

“If that that f*cking bastard wins we’ll all hang from nooses.” __Hillary Clinton

Another observation, Roesentien is a clear contrast to what an incredible political fighter that James Comey is, Comey never broke character during his testimony other than his “Putin hates Clinton” moment. Sociopaths should never try to emote while they are being filmed.

Rosenstein can’t help smiling while he is being as evasive as a snowshoe bunny in a snowstorm.

In my opinion the biggest news so far is from Director Wray “there is an ongoing counter intelligence operation”. and Rosenstein refusing to state for the record whether or not he even read the FISA warrants that he signed.

Anytime an attorney says anything along the line of “It is not as most lay people would think it is” while in a formal setting, you can bet the attorney has no answer for the question. That may be because he doesn’t have time for nonsense or it will damage the investigation or it may be because he covering something up.

Wray is not as good as Rosenstein at the game in my opinion. Rosenstein is sitting on something big and he knows it and knows his interrogators know it, interesting and amazing testimony.

Wait Rosensein is getting punchy!

The constant mantra has been a constant hum of “I don’t know that answer or I can’t give that answer” or referral to the person who might know the answer but Rosenstein just said “I think Director Wray knows the same information that I know. Neither one of us is trying to be evasive. ”

What!?! How the hell does Rosenstein know what Wray knows ? Making mistakes.

Yay! Rosenstein is getting nailed on his approval for the FISA application!

Gotta listen Rosenstein is pissed.

“To my knowledge” is a save me from perjury language.

• lovely says:

Well how the hell can Rosenstein say that the FISA renewal is soberly, lawfully and thoroughly reviewed and yet in the same breath admit, that he Rosenstein being the last vouchsafe in the process, albeit obliquely, that he did not read the FISA warrant renewal application but relied on people that he felt were irreproachable in their decision making. Rosenstein just lit the FISA renewal application on fire.

“Has President ever told you to kill a puppy?”__Democrat

“What would you do if President Trump told you to kill a puppy Mr. Rosenstein?”__Democrat

Meanwhile President Trump is off and running continuing to sow discord amongst democrats. President Trump’s new arrow, he is referring to the democrats as “Radical Democrats”.

6. lovely says:

Yep Rosenstein just admitted that he did not read the FISA warrant renewal which he approved.

Wow.

7. lovely says:

Hey Lieu you moron. There is physical evidence that Strzok did not leave his bias at the door he texted about Trump and Clinton while he was on the FBI’s clock you idiot.

Arghhhh! Raskin, D from Del. Started out with insulting the Rs. And, it’s continuing. SMH