Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Let the sun shine in!

Reuters

The U.S. Justice Department has agreed to provide congressional investigators confidential records on a failed gun-trafficking operation during the Obama administration known as “Fast and Furious” that long has been criticized by Republican lawmakers.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the Justice Department would hand over documents to the Republican-led House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Reform that had been withheld by Democratic former President Barack Obama’s administration.

The agreement reached by Republican President Donald Trump’s administration will effectively end a six-year long legal battle in which the committee had gone to federal court to try to enforce a subpoena it had issued to obtain the records.

ABC News (2012) – includes video

Who are the human faces of the U.S. government’s botched “Fast and Furious” gun-walking operation?

Often lost amid the rancor in Washington are the stories of dozens of people killed by guns that flowed south as part of the undercover operation, and later slipped out of view from U.S. officials. Univision’s Investigative Unit (Univision Investiga) has identified massacres committed using guns from the ATF operation, including the killing of 16 young people attending a party in a residential area of Ciudad Juárez in January of 2010.

Additional guns, previously unreported by congressional investigators, found their way into the hands of drug traffickers across Latin America in countries such as, Honduras and Colombia, as well as the U.S. Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. A person familiar with the recent congressional hearings called Univision’s findings “the holy grail” that Congress had been searching for.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Crime, Government, News, Politics, Refugees & Aliens, Terrorism. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

  1. czarowniczy says:

    How about getting the SBA to cough up records on how many ‘protected group’ individuals (especially ‘Mideastern’) have received SBA funds/help in setting up security companies that legally give them access to firerarms in areas where regular citizens are denied the right?

    Liked by 2 people

  2. Lucille says:

    At last. Let’s see if this story will gain any traction with the usual suspects and their lackey media.

    Like

  3. czarowniczy says:

    Sure, they’ll just portray it as another case of GUNNNNNN VIOLENNNNNNCE! Ain’t a question of evildoing POtuS but one of how many lives would be saved if no one but the government had guns!

    Like

  4. Ann says:

    My guess is that all the records have been lost or destroyed in “the fire” or “the flood.”

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s