Killer of Kate Steinle sentenced to … time served.

FOX NEWS

The illegal immigrant and seven-time felon who was acquitted of murder and assault in the 2015 San Francisco fatal shooting of 32-year old Kate Steinle was sentenced to three years in prison on Friday.

Jose Ines Garcia Zarate was credited for time served. He will be on parole for 48 months and will remain in custody to face federal charges.

The felony possession was the only conviction to come out of Garcia Zarate’s trial in November. The jury decided Steinle’s death, the result of a ricochet bullet fired from roughly 100 feet away, was an accident.

At a hearing Friday, Garcia Zarate entered the courtroom wearing huge oversized bright orange sweatshirt and sweatpants. He was uncuffed and smiling as he shook the hand of each member of his defense team, including new attorney Tony Serra.

His attorneys requested a new trial, but the judge denied the motion.

Garcia Zarate is expected to be turned over to U.S. Marshals to face new charges in federal court, under an indictment handed down on Dec. 5.

This entry was posted in Crime, Government, Politics, Refugees & Aliens. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Killer of Kate Steinle sentenced to … time served.

1. MaryfromMarin says:

Despicable miscarriage of justice.

Watch it happen again (both murder and miscarriage of justice).

2. czarowniczy says:

Well, he’s a felon in possession of a firearm, that should get him at least 10 years without possibility of parole and he was in possession of a stolen firearm, another Federal crime that should add years if the judge says the sentences are to be served consecutively. Then again there’s the Federal appeals process centered in California…

3. hocuspocus13 says:

Accident or not its still

Manslaughter

• G-d&Country says:

“its still Manslaughter”
      For you and I and many others Justice is still blind, but not for one of the “useful idiots” of the elitists – until that is, they are no longer useful – then they quickly lose their protected status.

This is what happens when a jury renders a verdict based upon bias and emotion rather than facts. The truly despicable part is that they were never biased toward or emotional about the victim nor the loss of a precious life, but her killer instead.

• MaryfromMarin says:

“they were never biased toward or emotional about the victim nor the loss of a precious life, but her killer instead.”

That’s California. Embrace the victim du jour. Which is never white, middle class, heterosexual, legally-present people. (I expect I’ve missed some despised descriptives.)

5. czarina33 says:

If this is the kind of justice Californians want, I certainly hope he continues to live among the very people who love him so much. Not the kind of neighbor I want, but then I live in MS, which seems less friendly to such people.

6. lovely says:

Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit.

May the wicked who prey upon the innocent be driven off of a cliff as our Lord commanded the swine to leap, may he also command the wicked who walk the earth seeking only to manifest their evil.

• G-d&Country says:

Thank you Lovely. I have not been able to wrap my head around this enough to make a civil comment. It is all I can do to remember I am Christian. As Christians we have a right to defend ourselves, as our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. (I had read a theological paper saying the proper translation is “thou shalt not murder”, not “thou shalt not kill” – as in self defense) When we are murdered we depend on gov’t for justice – but when there is not only no justice, but the gov’t spits on the grave of the murdered innocent – then what? I guess I must think of the most extreme version of this – of Christ on the cross, and try to stifle my fleeting thoughts of new ways of a slow, torturous death for not only this sub-human [1], but also in a way the even more evil people who let him go. Much of these problems would end if the shallow, cowardly, and lukewarm would band together with those who are speaking out and made their voices heard. Now I understand why God said He will spit out the lukewarm. As Christians we have a duty not only to protect the weak and innocent, but to speak the truth.
      [1] In thinking of these things my thoughts turned to the muslim torture and killing of Christians in the mid-east, which stopped my thoughts of vengeance cold. I will not lower myself to those thoughts, even if this person and those muslims slaughter innocents, and he and the jury are NOT innocent.

7. Ann says:

Every people get the government they deserve. All hail progressiveness!

8. G-d&Country says:

Census Bureau: International Migration to U.S. Dropped in 2017; STILL ACCOUNTED FOR 48% of POPULATION GROWTH
    By Terence P. Jeffrey | January 3, 2018 |

See my comment at Pres Trump Delivers remarks.