General Discussion, Friday, July 8, 2022

15 Responses to General Discussion, Friday, July 8, 2022

Stellars….

Clever Insults….
    “He had delusions of adequacy.” – Walter Kerr
    “He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” – Winston Churchill
    “I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” – Mark Twain
    “He is a self-made man and worships his creator.” – John Bright
    “He loves nature in spite of what it did to him.” – Forrest Tucker
    “His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork.” – Mae West
    “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.” – Oscar Wilde
    “He has Van Gogh’s ear for music.” – Billy Wilder

Mornin’ kids! Supposed to be 105* here today – I hope not….

4. weather257 says:

Been meaning to share this article with y’all…a prime example of rogue intel. Very upsetting
    – dangerous and subversive:
    SMALL TEAMS OF U.S. Special Operations forces are involved in a low-profile proxy war program on a far greater scale than previously known, according to exclusive documents and interviews with more than a dozen current and former government officials.

• weather257 says:

I always like visiting that website, Czarina. Guess we must be in the In the ‘astronomical twilight’ because at 4:15 a.m., we definitely do not see the sun as actual sun:
      “…within the darkest twilight phase called astronomical twilight. Here, the sun is 12 to 18 degrees below the horizon. At that angle, the indirect sunlight becomes so thin that it is usually indiscernible to the unaided eye.”

5. czarina33 says:

I don’t know if this is true, but what a great way to recycle statues…

Mornin’ All. It is so nice here. The sun is out bright and warm and it is cool in the shade. Perfect! I am still unpacking. I probably will be for the next few months. I am gradually finding things I need to get through each day. My DIL had come over and she put food in the cabinets and fridge and everything I needed before I could find everything. I figure with what I brought and what she put in the kitchen, I can survive about a month without leaving the apartment. Not much else going on. I need to take a shower and change. So, hope you all have a nice day. We had another t-storm come through last night.

7. Stella says: