General Discussion, Wednesday, June 8, 2022

23 Responses to General Discussion, Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Good morning, Stellars! (Yesterday I noticed that an apostrophe was placed between the r and s of Stellars in my initial daily comment. I have a thing about typos and was sort of annoyed that one popped up. Turns out it was my new computer making a “correction” which proves that computers don’t know EVERYTHING! This ayem I’m annoyed that my proofreading skills have hit a skid…LOL! LIFE!)

Now to some heartening and welcome good news….

‘Without it, I might be dead’: the garden that saves lives
    May 23, 2022 – Article by Constance Malleret

“People in Rio de Janeiro are digging deep to create the world’s largest urban garden. As well as feeding low-income families, the project brings many other benefits.

“It’s a muggy summer’s day in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Heavy clouds threaten rain, but this doesn’t seem to dampen the spirits of the 15-odd gardeners who are cheerfully weeding around mandioca (cassava) plants in a community vegetable garden.”

More good news! The little second generation commie got his comeuppance!
    “San Francisco voters recall progressive D.A. Boudin. Crime and homelessness at issue”

“Mary Jung, the chair of the recall campaign, said Tuesday night that voters sent a ‘clear message’ that they want a new district attorney who will hold ‘serious, violent and repeat offenders accountable while never forgetting the rights of victims and their families’.”

• WeeWeed says:

Good on them! Mornin’ Lucille!

• Lucille says:

Yes, Infidel Commander WeeWeed! The incredible beliefs of these America and liberty-hating thugs need to be trashed every once in a while. Boudin will, however, remain as arrogant as ever. Evil never takes a holiday.

• czarina33 says:

I read his parents were hippie progressives of some sort, so it’s all he knows and has bought into. Of note, my national convention cancelled SF as it’s venue due to the crime and grime.

• Lucille says:

It used to be such a wonderful city…affordable, clean, safe for the most part, and run by sane folk. In the years when flying from LAX to SFO cost $30 round trip I used to go up there for NFL games at Candlestick Park. Gone are the days!

Mornin’ kids!

Mornin’ All. Here in sunny Florida, it is sunny, perfectly clear blue sky, humid, and pretty miserable at almost 80*. Loki did not leave a present for me this morning. So, that is a good start to the day. We have another seminar luncheon to go to. Anyway, we get lunch. Actually, I could probably buy my own lunch at this end of town for what I will pay for gas to drive to the other end. 🙄 This one will tell us how to handle our money or something. So, it will be a busy day.

Well, I hope you have a fun busy day.

• WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ Mom!

• jeans2nd says:

Hi mom. Hope your luncheon went well. Dad used to go to those things – he got free steak dinners.

Received a mailing for one in my area today. They are offering a free McDonald’s gift card! lolol How things have changed. Guess we North Coasters aren’t called hoopies for nuttin’. Even our freebies are hoopie-fied.

5. Stella says:

Mornin’ everybody! A perfect summer day here; blue skies with clouds, slight breeze, and temps in the 70’s.

Wonders never cease….

JUST IN: San Diego Grand Jury Indicts 11 Antifa Militants For Attacking Trump Supporters During “Patriot March” in Pacific Beach
    By Cristina Laila – Published June 7, 2022 at 9:15pm

Just watched this video by Dinesh D’Souza….

2000 MULES Has Destroyed the Premise of the January 6 Committee
    Posted June 8, 2022
    “I explain how the premise behind the January 6th Committee’s existence has been torpedoed by 2000 MULES.” – D’Souza

——

I don’t care if a person doesn’t like President Trump’s personality. Everyone has their own tastes. Making up stories and supposed facts in order to cause others to despise and disrespect his work for America and the American people, however, is simply beyond reprehensible. Not acknowledging the good that he did is just plain sad and calls into question a persons ability to discern truth from fiction.

Liz Chaney looks like such an unhappy person…Adam Kinzinger, too. Imagine going through life denying reality and wanting fellow citizens to deny it along with you. That’s sick. Deep down she HAS to know she’s wrong. She’s not stupid but apparently hatred has taken her over. I remember at one time thinking she showed lots of promise, but she’s blown it. Please, God, cause the people of Wyoming to throw her out of office.

Well, I have a story to share about today. I went to the seminar and met a lot of ladies who were very nice. Two I sat with became very interested in me. I realized right away there was no way I could afford to live where they do, and besides I want to go to Montana. I didn’t share that with them. When we parted they asked If they could pray for me. The prayer was that I would be led to whatever God has in store for me. I was very warmed by it. Anyway when I got home there was an email for an availability at an apartment complex in MT. When I called to ask some questions and see if it was on the first floor, I was told there was one but someone else had requested it. Then, she paused and said that there was another one she didn’t know about. So, there are two available apts on the first floor. Imagine. I thanked the Lord.

I filled out all the paperwork on the Internet and it seems to be moving through very quickly. Anyway, at that point I got a call from one of the ladies who just felt compelled to call and talk to me again. I explained my situation to her and that I wanted to move and she said she felt I had been led to her and her friend. So we had a long talk and she prayed for me again. I have 8 days left until I have to give notice and will have to move out on 7/16. I see no reason why I shouldn’t get it. God does things in his own time.