General Discussion, Thursday, May 26, 2022

A B-52 Stratofortress bomber aircraft assigned to the 340th Weapons Squadron at Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana, takes off during a U.S. Air Force Weapons School Integration exercise at Nellis AFB, Nevada, June 2, 2021. William Lewis/USAF

38 Responses to General Discussion, Thursday, May 26, 2022

1. Pa Hermit says:

Oh the memories that brings back! Those and the Phantoms!

Mornin’ y’all!

Mornin’ All. Slightly overcast and 80* here. Have to eat breakfast and then it is off to the eye doctor for a final test. Still packing. I am beginning to wonder what I will do. If I have to renew my lease here, it has to be for 3 months and then I have to give 2 months notice instead of just one. This is nuts! Hope you have a happy day.

4. Pa Hermit says:

Mornin’ all! Sure am baffled with BUFFS, LOL. Only thing I can get it close to is it’s short for B-52s Worked side by side to many a zoomie and never heard that term before. Then again, at my age the memory can get to be a big rabbit hole sometimes.

70’s now with 80 and rain coming.

5. Pa Hermit says:

Saw my first B-52 that was hit with anything was when tricky Dickie brought them down from 50,000 ft up to the 20,000 level. It flew very low overhead on it’s jaunt to Samaesan(?) Air Base.I believe it made it too.

6. czarina33 says:

Ok. So GGS and I are in Denver, on our own for two days with a Subaru Forester to drive. I have maps and am fairly oriented. Today we are driving up to Rocky Mountain National Park to hike some easy trails. Open for any other adventures. Anyone got suggestions?

7. Stella says:

An interesting article about Social Security, and how you may be getting cheated out of benefits.

I just heard a one story about Uvalde. One of the parents outside walked up to a little girl who had blood on her and since he is an EMT or something, he asked if he could help her. She said the blood wasn’t hers, it was her best friend’s blood. He asked who her best friend was. It was his daughter.

9. Stella says: