General Discussion, Thursday, May 5, 2022

14 Responses to General Discussion, Thursday, May 5, 2022

1. Pa Hermit says:

Always a place in my heart for a hummingbird! All I’ve ever seen here is the Ruby Throated hummingbird. This I think is a West Coast version.

Mornin’ all! Happy

Mornin’ Pa, Wee, and everyone. The weather here is the same, 75* and climbing, and sunny. We had another t-storm last night, but no rain. Got a little done in my extra room yesterday, but I will have to do better if I am going to get this done in time. I still haven’t found an apt in MT. I am a little discouraged about it. It doesn’t help to have a pet. After I finish my tea, I need to take a shower and get back to work. Hope you all have a nice day.

5. Stella says:

Hello everybody! I hope you are all having a good day.

• czarina33 says:

After a short yoga routine on the porch I have been going through a box of photos Czar left, specifically to pick out things for his sons to share with his ex-wife. Lots of memories, and a few surprises, like a newspaper article interviewing him and his father, both Vietnam Veterans, about Pres. Ford’s amnesty in 1974. Both were against amnesty, but for different reasons. Czar had been counseling resisters on how to avoid the draft after he came back from VN.

6. czarina33 says:

This is how we think in N.O.

Seems there was a man hired by the govt. to find out how prohibition was working back in the 30’s. So he went to several cities and determined it took 21 minutes to get a drink on one city, 30 in another, etc. but in NO he got into a cab and said, “where can I get a drink” and the cabbie handed him one…

7. texan59 says:

We knew the Feds were not going to let Elon just waltz in and take over the Tweeter. This is absurd……they might just look at this on anti-trust grounds………If they can find it here, I would think that Amazon would need to be broken up into about 139 pieces. What a crock.