General Discussion, Wednesday, April 20, 2022

42 Responses to General Discussion, Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Mornin’ All. It is only 61* here and sunny, a very pleasant day. The doors here have a lock on the doorknob and a chain. I have never thought much of the chain because I know they are not that strong. Well, I proved that this morning. I forgot to take it off and opened the door and the connector on the chain just popped off. Yeah, that was a big safety feature…………not. I have some decorative bells on the back of my door. It would probably scare an intruder into running away when they open it. LOL I am going to another lunch seminar today. So, I have things to do. Hope you have a nice day.

• czarina33 says:

Mama pushed the back of a dining room chair up under the doorknob to brace it closed when she was home in her apartment. There is a wedge you can buy which pushes up under the door to make it hard to open. Probably other things you can buy which are pricier, but remember they make it harder for EMTs to get in if needed. I got an alarm for my sister’s doors to monitor when her husband wandered, for less than $20 each and then installed with 2 sided tape. Dinged with a doorbell or could be set to scream really loud.

2. czarina33 says:

Mornin’ all ya ‘all! Coolish, a little more humid, but looks like a pleasant day. Time to mow weekly again. Really happy to have sold the NO house and not have to go there twice a week to keep it looking good!

The wisdom of The Kamala. Mornin’ all!

4. czarina33 says:

Like when the grandkid gets too tired to go one more step

[video src="https://i.imgur.com/AZsKy3k.mp4" /]

5. jeans2nd says:

Mornin’ Stella, Stellars.

Had to pick up a prescription this morning, and stopped to read the Farm and Dairy. Seems our North Coast dairy farmers are removing all their Holsteins (preferered milk cow) and other milkers, and raising sheep now. Apparently the price of lamb has risen so much they will make much more money with sheep. Milk prices will rise according. Powdered milk, anyone?

Finally wasn’t snowing this morning, but who knows? The day is still young.

Have a Great Day, Be Blessed.

Good day everybody! Sun is out here and a bit warmer. Looks like the 5 days of rain that were forecast earlier in the week has moved south of us.

7. stellap says:

Was having trouble with Firefox, so I switched to Brave. Now I’m having trouble liking and commenting here. Hope things improve!

• auscitizenmom says:

I had the same problem and this solved it.

• auscitizenmom says:

pirapoi says:
      February 26, 2022 at 3:25 pm
      Problem staying logged in?
      I was unable to stay logged until by accident I discovered something that works – at least for me.

At the top of the is Stella’s Place, underneath that is a picture of some flowers and just below that are 3 links. Home, About Stella’s Place and What’s it all about? Speaking up!
      If you click the What’s it all about? Speaking up! link and scroll to the bottom of the page you should see this: