General Discussion, Friday, February 25, 2022

19 Responses to General Discussion, Friday, February 25, 2022

Mornin’ All. 70* here this AM. Air feels pleasantly cool so far. Everybody is talking about a “cool spell” coming next week. I guess that means back down to 60*. I have figured out how to get some items that I need. I order two, in two different brands. That way if there is a limit or they are out of one brand, I get the other, I am thinking in terms of TP and wine, which is mostly available right now. Hope you all are safe and warm.

2. czarina33 says:

We go thru our lives with birds, barely noticing them: cardinals, jays, mockingbirds, sparrows. If we lived in tropical climes with exotically colored and feathered ones would we notice and marvel at them?

• WeeWeed says:

I heart birds – I notice them all! Mornin’ Czarina!

• weather257 says:

We do here too!
        Morning Czarina and Wee!!

• geoffg12 says:

When we lived on Harper Lake in Louisville, CO, my lovely wife wanted to have lots of birdies around and decided on a large feeder. 1) A flock of pigeons quickly discovered that they could sit on top and flap, so that the seeds would fall to the ground and then they could gorge. 2) There was a large tree about 30 yards from the feeder, in which a sparrow hawk would perch, awaiting the littles birdies that came for the seeds.
        The wife would be upstairs screaming. I would rush up to save the day, only to find her horror was caused by the hawk leaving just the head and wing feathers of a little birdie on one of our chaises, We tried everything to keep the hawk at bay. We bought a automated owl, which all the birds ignored; even sitting on its head. We went to the Raptor Society for a solution and their advice was get a bigger hawk.

• texan59 says:

Love the pics. We’re about 2 weeks out from the hummers showing up. Can’t wait.

• JTR says:

That second little bird looks like a Kingfisher! Tiny, but smart. In my house in Scotland, we had a stained glass one on our front door of “Le Shaque d’Amour”!

I have read that there is a US backed biological warfare lab there in Ukraine. Wonder if that is one reason Putin decided to go in.

Mornin’ kids.

5. weather257 says:

Ha, Stella…the ‘bloom’!
    Happy Friday, y’all!!

6. texan59 says:

It’s one of those days, y’all. πŸ˜‰