General Discussion, Wednesday, February 23, 2022

19 Responses to General Discussion, Wednesday, February 23, 2022

1. Pa Hermit says:

Crocus, a sure sign Spring is around the corner! Morning all, unusually warm 60’s today.

2. czarina33 says:

This. man has a cool way of painting. The first thing he does is lay tape on the colored canvas and the last thing is to pull it off.

Mornin’ All. It is 74* here and sunny. Going to get a haircut, have lunch and watch DOG. We have heard it is really a good movie……………and the dog doesn’t die at the end.

I noticed this morning on our walk that the poor little duck who has made a nest in the corner of a patio that gets the hot sun a little later on. She has done this for two years and sat on the eggs for 6 or 8 months. Normally they hatch in 28 days after the duck starts sitting on the nest. It is because it get so hot it cooks the eggs. I am trying to do something about it this year. I need to talk to the person who rents that apartment. She is never out on the patio. I just want to move the nest to the other corner of the patio when she finishes laying the eggs.

Well, hope you all have a nice day. Looks like some winter coming across the middle states. Stay safe.

Mornin’ mom. You have a kind heart.

• auscitizenmom says:

I felt sorry for the poor duck who wants to be a mama duck. They lay between 15 and 20 eggs and then start sitting on them. She sat until it almost got cool two different years. Her buddies started coming and hanging out with her and, I think, convinced. her to finally leave. If I move the nest after she has laid most of her eggs, I think she will move with it. I hope so anyway. It is so sad to see them start with 15 eggs and hatch 12, then lose 2 or 3 right away. There is a resident hawk here and not much gets by him/her. Also, there are turtles and other birds that will kill the babies.

There was one mama who raised at least 12 to full grown. She must have been a fierce mama, because she kept her brood very close together until they were completely grown. The only one I ever saw do that.

Mornin’ kids!