General Discussion, Thursday, February 17, 2022

19 Responses to General Discussion, Thursday, February 17, 2022

Mornin’ all. I don’t want to make you jealous, so I won’t tell you that it is warm and springlike here. Still working on paring down my. belongings. I have noticed in the last few days that I am having less trouble going up and down the stairs. I can’t imagine why that is changing. But, I will accept it. l need to get moving. Got places to go and things to do. Hope you all have a nice day.

Mornin’ all!

4. czarina33 says:

My brother in law died last night. Lovely man: inventor, photographer, woodworker, jazz enthusiast. He was 91 years old and lived a full life. Going back to Virginia to be with my sister tomorrow.

I’m sorry to hear this, czarina. My prayers for you and your sister.

• weather257 says:

The same BIL you just got situated? Guess he wasn’t having any of the institutional life. Ninety-one…sounds like a winter-spring romance. Judging from your description of him, your sister will have some wonderful memories. She’s so fortunate to have you during what must be a difficult time for her. Hoping all goes well on your journey, Czarina.

• czarina33 says:

He was diagnosed with Lewy Body dementia in December, and it progresses fast. There is really no treatment, and the cognitive losses cause terrible confusion which is very distressing to the patient and caregivers. It is a blessing he died after only 2 weeks in the memory care home. He could not have been cared for at home.

P.S. they were only 13 years apart in age, and he was in excellent condition until the last few months.

• auscitizenmom says:

I’m so sorry, Czarina. Your sister is lucky to have you with her. Hope your trip is a good one. Love.