General Discussion, Saturday, January 22, 2022

35 Responses to General Discussion, Saturday, January 22, 2022

1. texan59 says:

Got your back. Coffee’s up. Whenever you are. 😉

2. czarina33 says:

Mumble….how early? Yikes, sunny and veery blue skies here, but COLD!

3. Pa Hermit says:

Minus 2 here in Pa.

Mornin’ All from overcast, 60* Florida. Loki and I went out for a walk and had to turn around because it started misting. I didn’t know if it was going to turn into a full fledged downpour so we turned around and came back. It didn’t. I may have to take her out again in a couple of hours when this quits and I expect it to. Hope you are warm and dry wherever you are.

Mornin’ everyone!

• WeeWeed says:

No. No, I’m not….

Saw that last night. And the answer is “no”.

• Pa Hermit says:

I’m relying on that good immune system God gave me. So No, I’m not vaxxed or up-to-date! I had to retire instead of getting the jab. Who knows, maybe my blood in the future will be worth something.

• weather257 says:

Yes, you’re what’s known as a ‘pureblood’ now!

I absolutely HATE that term, because it infers that some people are better than others based on their vaccination status. Also has a whiff of Nazi to it, and sounds just like the vaxxed who feel superior to the unvaxxed.

By the way, I am vaccinated – got the Pfizer vaccine in March of last year on the advice of my doctor. If you want to feel superior, then go ahead. Just keep it to yourself. Whether or not the vaccines are good or bad is fair discussion. I don’t intend to get the booster.

• Pa Hermit says:

Sorry Stella, I have never had a flu shot and never will. The question I responded to was are you up to date. Whether you receive a shot or not is up to you. As I stated, God gave me a pretty good immune system and I rely on that, eat pretty healthy, try to get some decent sleep and exercise. My intent was not to feel superior or what ever! This covid BS is really putting a wedge into our society! Maybe it’s time to quietly back out of here!

• texan59 says:

My response –

Morning all! 21 degrees here this morning and overcast. Supposed to get a bit of snow, but just a bit, imminently.

Tucker has lately been barking at everyone who walks by the house. Very annoying.

7. texan59 says:

I’m sure some of you have heard of Matt Walsh. He’s one of the good guys. Apparently he and Dr. Phil have a bit of a bro-mance, as the good doctor has him on the show from time to time. Watch the embedded tweeter in this article as Mr. Walsh pops the balloons of some mentally-ill “people”.

8. texan59 says:

Anyone else noticing more and more commercial for “meatless” meat. Just heard one from Chipotle. Nope. Not gonna happen.

9. Reflection says:

Sorry, Tex,
    Missed your comment.
    You’re both right. The production process for some pseudo-meats is far from healthy.