General Discussion, Monday, January 10, 2022

22 Responses to General Discussion, Monday, January 10, 2022

1. The Tundra PA says:

Whee doggies! If I’m the first one here, then I’ll be first to wish Menagerie a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope this will be a great year for you, and for all of us. Has to be better than the last two, right? Have yourself a wonderful day, dear friend.

Mornin’ kids!

3. czarina33 says:

Well, not good mornin’ to all ya’all today. Took me everything I’ve got to get to good afternoon all y’all today!

Sitting in the Charlotte, NC airport, on my way to Charlottesville, VA. My sister called yesterday evening asking for my help with her husband, who has Lewy Body Dementia and is rapidly progressing downward. Fortunately I can count on my brother to keep my house and critters running while I am away.

• The Tundra PA says:

You’re a lucky lady to have such a dependable (and nearby) brother. Good luck with your brother-in-law. All the dementias are challenging for the caregiver. I hope your sister has lots of help.

• czarina33 says:

I’m going because she has no help nearby, and I know lots about old people with dementia. Can’t say yet if I’ll be help to him, but I can support her, and help her get him the right doctors and possibly living situation. They live in a large city with many resources, and they have monetary resources as well.

You are a good sister, czarina. God bless you, your sister and her husband in this stressful time.

4. jeans2nd says:

Evening all. Just an FYI, file it away for future reference – went to Kentucky Fried today (KFC) and asked the guy if my chicken breast was the fake meat they’d been advertising. Guy told me the fake chicks are in the chicken tenders. He said they are plant-based. Uh Huh.

After thanking the nice young man for working today (which i always do now), asked the nice young man what else was in those chicken tenders, winked, smiled, and we both had a good laugh.

Should tell you the last time i was there this same young man gave me a free chicken breast after he told me he was hungry and would love a chicken breast, and i insisted he take one of mine – i had ordered two.
    There are still good people out there.

Sleep well!