General Discussion, Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Milky Way seen from the coast near Bar Harbor, Maine

25 Responses to General Discussion, Tuesday, December 28, 2021

1. texan59 says:

Mornin’ all. Coffee’s on. Can’t wait to see what SloeJoe has in store for us today!

2. texan59 says:

Take a wild guess as to who one of the big “helpers” is with getting the Vax passport system off and running. His initials are “Bill Gates”, as if you are shocked.

Mornin’ All. Sunny and nice here. Glad I didn’t try to travel over the holidays. What a nightmare all those people who did travel went through. How sad that so many didn’t make it home for Christmas. Going for lunch today so I need to get moving. Everyone have a nice day.

• czarina33 says:

I was thinking of going to see family with GGS, but decided against it for other reasons in November. Glad I did. My trip in November to DC was flawless, but the rules were looser.

Mornin’ kids! So, I’ve been thinking……

5. geoffg12 says:

On another, less scary note, I lived in Brunswick, ME for about 5 years and used to go to Booth Bay Harbor nearly once a month, as it was only 20 miles north. IIRC in 1966, Schafer beer sponsored Goudy & Stevens shipyard to build the replica of the “America,” the yacht for which the America’s Cup is named. 120′ three-masted schooner. Something like 40,000 people converged on Booth Bay for the launch; a town of perhaps 22,000. Schafer provided beer and sandwiches for all; It was a huge party.
    Well in 2000, my wife and I were visiting Boston to see the Tall Ships regatta (worth your time), and the yacht America was moored right below our hotel window. I went on and on about having seen her launch back in Booth Bay. When we went down to see her, a sign said she was built in Albany, NY and christened in 1985. My wife looked at me askance, and said she would never believe another story I told. Needless to say, I was embarrassed; but was saved when a crewmember said that this was the 3rd replica of the America built and the original 1966 version was now owned by a European millionaire.

6. czarina33 says:

Here are a few more word scrambles:

Dormitory. = dirty room

Slot machine. =. Cash lost in me

Animosity. = is no amity

Snooze alarms. =. Alas, no more z’s

And the best one:
    Election results. =. Lies! Let’s recount

7. czarina33 says:

There is a brewery nearby named Gnarly Barley, with the most interesting can designs and fun names. Been around for a while, so I guess the beer is tasty. Enjoy this website:

8. Menagerie says:

Okay y’all, here’s what’s for supper. Is sure hope those pig shots are awful. They are a pain royal to make. Also, my cream cheese did not squirt all nice and neat like that picture. I may need practice, but they will have to be danged good to get me to make them ever again.

I’ll report later, after they are smoked. Got a little Nordic Ware kettle smoker for Christmas. Last night I cooked salmon on it, and I really liked it.

I’m just doing the tomatoes on the grill.

Harry Reid croaked, y’all.