General Discussion, Sunday, December 26, 2021

19 Responses to General Discussion, Sunday, December 26, 2021

1. Menagerie says:

Good morning, and Happy Second day of Christmas. For us Catholics, perhaps for others who follow a liturgical calendar also, Christmas and Easter are celebrated for an octave, eight days. January 1 will end the octave of Christmas, although many will continue to celebrate Christmastide until Epiphany. I like to leave my nativity set out until Epiphany, and then it will be the last of the decorations to be put back in the attic.

Now we enter my least favorite time of the year. I love fall best, and truly enjoy Thanksgiving and Advent and Christmas, but once that’s over, I go into I Hate Winter mode. From now until March seems the longest two months of the year. I need to adjust my attitude.

• czarina33 says:

In Utah everyone is doing the ski thing, and all revved up right now. They hold on to that until March, then snow is often waning and people who do not ski are starting to hate the mess downslope, or just the dreary skies.

I love this time of year because I can get so much done outside: today GGS and I are moving a rose bush and cleaning out the rose bed. However, in the back of my mind is the knowledge that by March the temps and humidity will be rising, and soon after I will go out for a few minutes then return to the air conditioning as fast as I can.

• Menagerie says:

If I lived where you do, I’m sure I’d like this time of year more. And I’m fortunate that we live in an area where temps aren’t ever really, really cold, except for very rare occasions. As I age, I just dislike the cold, dreary months so much more. The high here today is going to be 70.

• auscitizenmom says:

In Florida, from the end of October until March or April is the best time of year. The high heat and high humidity are down and even if it does turn cold, it isn’t that cold that you have to live with all winter up north.

Afternoon, Menagerie. The dark days of Winter are now almost upon us. That time of year is my least favorite too. So let’s celebrate or at least enjoy this last week (or two) of Christmas!

Mornin’ y’all.

Mornin’ All. Loki let me sleep in until after 9:00 this morning. I am surprised I could sleep that long. We had our walk and she has had her breakfast and is now taking her morning nap. We watched a movie yesterday, The Christmas Candle, set in the olden days. We really enjoyed it. I think it might be a new movie, but I am not certain. It wasn’t like the movies on Lifetime or Hallmark. I am pretty sure it is a British movie and well done. Anyway, we had a nice day even though we both overate. Hope you all did, too.

4. litenmaus says:

Almost noon and the temperature has risen to 25 below zero. Went out to feed the ferals this morning and was assaulted by the ice crystals whipping around in the wind. Felt like I was being attacked by a swarm of angry bees. The joys of winter…..ugh!