General Discussion, Friday, December 17, 2021

31 Responses to General Discussion, Friday, December 17, 2021

1. Menagerie says:

Good morning everyone. Going to be a rainy, dreary day here supposedly. Stella, another special picture. For me, the only time there is ever much beauty in a city is at night, during the Christmas season.

Tonight is the big cookie making session with the kids, but unfortunately my granddaughter is sick, so three of the kids won’t get to be here and we will have to do their cookies next week. That’s disappointing, I love getting them all together and had hoped for some good pictures of the herd.

I remember that my brother and I used to get sick at Christmas, almost every year, for several years running. Some years we were both sick on Christmas. I think we had a few years of building our immune systems up.

2. Menagerie says:

I missed Doggityday, and next week I’ll not remember this. Someone shared it over at the Treehouse, and it is just too cute not to pass on.

Mornin’ y’all!

No worries, here….

Mornin’ Menage, Wee, and everyone. 70* and sunny here. It is going to be a beautiful hot day. Not like Christmas weather at all. Well, hope you all have a nice day and pleasant weather.

6. litenmaus says:

Mornin everyone….10 below this morning and a friend has offered to take me into town to do grocery shopping . I need groceries, but am having a hard time convincing myself that I need to go out in this weather…decisions, decisions….

I am watching Off. Kim Potter testify in her own defense. She is the cop who shot the young driver that they had stopped with a gun instead of her taser. I blame 90% of what happened to the driver. He was driving a car whose registration was out of date, driving on a suspended license, and he had warrants for petty things and I believe maybe a gun problem. That is why he didn’t want to be stopped. He tried to drive away and she thought she pulled her taser. If the young man had just compiled with their requests he would still be alive. Well, unless something else happened later.

Lol! Keep this one in mind….

9. Afternoon All! 🙂
    Long time no see. Hope everyone is keeping warm & healthy!
    Been busy with some medical & other problems that are straightening out now – Thanks be to God.

Here is a painting from one of my favorite artists Margaret Tarrant – ‘Unto You is Born a Saviour’

So in reply to the “what are we making/eating for Christmas” posts my Christmas cooking will consist of macaroons. I am on a crazy diet due to a medical problem, and just now adding many foods back into my diet one at a time. I actually can have the ingredients in macaroons as long as I don’t overdo it. They are super easy and quick to make once the nuts are ground up. I was going to try a few flavors. I may not be able to make them all – but I always try! :
    Classic almond, but I’ll top with orange blossom honey and put just a drop of orange in
    Hazelnut cocoa
    Walnut brown sugar
    Pecan date – a fantastic combo if you have not tried it.
    Last time I bought pecans from nuts dot com. I buy a fair amount of items from them and have been very satisfied, but not with the pecans. BTW nuts dot com has a nice pecan covered date snack that started me on this combo. For what you pay for pecans they should all be plump and fresh with no black mold. Where do you all get your pecans??? Really nice pecans like what you’d put on the top of a pie or cake? There are no good pecans up north here so I’ll have to order by mail – Thanks

Thank you Stella for providing us with this wonderful website. Even though I have not commented I have read and wanted to, but couldn’t. I just want you to know I’m sure many people who are unable to comment you may never hear from, but they read and appreciate what you do. I also thank Menagerie and all the comments made by the regulars here. Hopefully these ridiculous problems I’ve had are now ending & I can get back to being a “regular” here again!
    and as always…
    Have a great day everyone! 😉