General Discussion, Wednesday, December 15, 2021

17 Responses to General Discussion, Wednesday, December 15, 2021

An oldie but a goodie. Mornin’ y’all!

Mornin’ Wee and Menage. Sunny and nice here. It rained yesterday, thank goodness. It has been over a month. But, we got an inch and a half. My friend was here and we just played cards until the rain quit. Then, after the rain quit, the sky was perfectly clear and blue.

My friend has developed a weird spot, about 6 in long and 4 in wide on her arm, and it itches. She looked on the Internet and the only thing it looks like is shingles. She has had the shingles shot, so I hope that isn’t what it is. She was born a preemie, had to have her thyroid out, has diabetes, arthritis, some weird allergies, and has psoriasis pretty bad. She is getting an injection that has helped control the psoriasis, but this would be awful if it is shingles. She is going in to the doctor today. She fights so hard to stay active and has done really well. But, as she gets older the struggle gets harder and her support system is dying off quickly. Please pray for her.

• WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ Mom!

Will do! Doesn’t sound like shingles to me, btw, but I’m not a doctor.

• auscitizenmom says:

Well, maybe you should be. {snicker} She went to the dermatologist and they said it definitely was not shingles. They said it was a bad bruise. She could not remember bumping her arm at all. But, they said she is at the age when a slight bump can tear the skin and leave a bruise.

• The Tundra PA says:

A bruise that itches and is red? I’m not a doctor either, but that sounds to me like “if you can’t dazzle ’em with brilliance, then baffle ’em with b___ s___.”

• auscitizenmom says:

Ha, ha. I had the same thought. Their explanation was that the iron came to the surface and that is what made it itch. :\ It took my mother 4 doctors to look at her rash before one decided it was shingles. She suffered for several months with it. Then, later she developed something else on her butt that they defined as a rash and none of the doctors had any idea what it was. They even sent her to an anal surgeon to see if it was cancer. I asked why they had not sent her to a dermatologist and then they did. He recognized what it was as soon as he looked at it. Again she had spent months in pain from it. He gave her a cream, and she got much better. You just gotta see the right doctor.

Oh, I gotta tell you about this doctor. They would have my mother on her side with her butt exposed. And, he would walk in and say, “Oh, it’s Mrs……” like he recognized her butt. She would get the giggles so bad. She was about 90 at the time. He was such a good guy.

Morning, all. Gray skies today, but not cold. Just getting some things done around here.

4. texan59 says:

I just love stories with happy endings. Houston/Harris County has a Soros DA who loves her some bail reform. This p*ssant was out on bail for murder with a $75,000 bail, which in TX only takes $7500 to get out of jail. Somebody popped him!