General Discussion, Saturday, November 6, 2021

35 Responses to General Discussion, Saturday, November 6, 2021

1. texan59 says:

Mornbin’ all. Heading off to Round Rock, TX to watch GS run in State Cross Country meet. Last one of his HS career. Coffee’s on. Enjoy!

2. texan59 says:

Here’s a shocker for ya. NJ Senate leader says 12,000 votes “found”. Give him credit for keeping the old ways alive!!

Mornin’ sportsfans!

4. Menagerie says:

It’s Saturday, and I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Cold here this morning, and heavy fog out on the field and pond. The deer were in a playful mood, racing around the pond and laps around the field.

Last night as we were having dinner they came running right past the window, maybe a dozen feet away. The kids loved that.

5. Menagerie says:

Here’s a short, introspective fall read. The quote at the beginning caught my eye, and I was sucked in by Touchdown Jesus. Of course!

Still I notice You when change begins, and I’m braced for colder winds
    I’ll offer thanks for what has been & what’s to come, You are autumn.

– Nichole Nordeman

Mornin’ all! It’s cool here, but the sun is shining, and the leaves are falling faster.

Hat tip to WeeWeed for pointing this out to me. To her, and to the person who compiled it!

Hello to all. Well, yesterday went……………well, really sucky. It poured rain and I had to load the car after walking down the short walkway, then across the street that had a 3 ft wide, ankle deep river running down it, and then to the car under the carport (thank goodness). I got the car loaded, put Loki in her carseat and took off to drop her off. I misunderstood the rules and have to pay another $18 for being early. Then, in the pouring rain, I went on to my friend’s house to load up her stuff. But, she hadn’t been able to find her cat, so she wasn’t ready. She has a carport and that went well. Then we took off and stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch, in the rain. Afterwards we inched our way 4 miles on I4 towards Orlando until we got to our exit. Then it really started pouring and was just awful until we finally got to our hotel at the beach several hours later. Most of the way it was almost impossible to see. Very stressful trip.

We found the hotel and parked under the overhang and unloaded some of the stuff. We went in and checked in and……………….the lights went out………………for that whole section of town. We were on the 5th floor, so couldn’t manage our luggage and stuff until the elevator started working when the electricity came back on, several hours later. My friend has diabetes and I was worried about her getting something to eat. One of the lovely people who were staying there too, gave us some of their pizza. When the lights finally came back on we went up to our room and discovered that the air conditioner wasn’t working, because the power outage had messed it up, And, the windows don’t open. The wind was blowing like a hurricane and we couldn’t keep the patio door open because it kept blowing it closed.

Annnnd, when I started to move my car into a parking place………….I had lost my key off of my key ring. Luckily, I have always carried a spare in my purse, but I worried about somebody finding the key and stealing the car.

Finally had some wine and eventually went to bed.

Woke up this morning and the rain had stopped. The surf was absolutely violent, but beautiful. It looked like another storm was coming in, but that never materialized. A slightly cool, but pleasant day. Oh, and some kind soul had found my key and turned it in to the office. We drove to a shopping center where we saw a Dollar Store and went in to buy a couple of things we had forgotten, then came back and sat on the patio and had some wine. All in all a pleasant day.