General Discussion, Thursday, November 4. 2021

33 Responses to General Discussion, Thursday, November 4. 2021

1. Menagerie says:

Good morning everyone. We have showers here this morning, and the high will only be fifty. Every day I’ve been taking a drive somewhere, just to see the colors. While I’m sure the leaves are almost gone up toward the Smokies, here they are just peaking. Up the mountain right behind us, all along the Tennessee River Canyon, just over the mountain from us, all around the trees are sure putting on a show. I am really enjoying it this year. Enough to pay for an extra trunk or two of gas!

Also, I saw flowers bloomed in two places last week. Really weird, with the colors in the background. In one place daffodils were bloomed, and in the other a rose bush was covered in blooms.

Mornin’ all!

3. czarina33 says:

Well, you go to a concert, and when you come out afterwards your car is damaged by a huge tree that fell on it, and 29 other cars! Certainly ruins your evening…

Mornin’ Wee,Menage, and all. Overcast here and about 70*. Pretty much normal weather here without the summer heat. We are packing to go to the beach. My weather source says it will be in the 70’s and hers says it will be in the 40’s. I guess we will see. Definitely have to pack a jacket. Later, Gators.

5. geoffg12 says:

Just an update, The article is behind a paywall; but this the jist….
    Italy’s Institute of Health now counts only those who died from COVID-19 has having died from COVID-19, reducing COVID-19 deaths in the hard-hit country from over 130,000 to fewer than 4,000.

• auscitizenmom says:

Well, this is interesting. They have started giving the vacc to 5 to 11 year olds and they are all stoked because they say it is 91% effective in children who have not had covid. Funny, if they hadn’t had the vacc, they were 99% able to get over covid.

Good.

Jeff Bezos’ space tourism company Blue Origin on Thursday lost its lawsuit against NASA over the agency’s decision to award a $2.9 billion contract to Elon Musk’s SpaceX.

Judge Richard Hertling of the US Court of Federal Claims ruled in favor SpaceX, though the court’s opinion remains sealed because the case contains proprietary information about the two companies.

Musk wasted no time responding to the news, posting on his pugnacious Twitter feed a meme from the 1995 movie “Judge Dredd.”

The message? “You have been judged!”

7. czarina33 says:

Wonderful puns!!!!

1. The meaning of opaque is unclear.

2. I wasn’t going to get a brain transplant but then I changed my mind.

3. Have you ever tried to eat a clock? It’s very time consuming.

4. A man tried to assault me with milk, cream and butter. How dairy!

5. I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. I can’t put it down.

6. If there was someone selling marijuana in our neighborhood, weed know about it.

7. It’s a lengthy article about ancient Japanese sword fighters but I can Samurais it for you.

9. So what if I don’t know the meaning of the word ‘apocalypse’? It’s not the end of the world.

10. Police were called to the daycare center. A 3-year old was resisting a rest.

8. Menagerie says:

Let’s see if I can post my picture from the river today. You can’t see the colors as good as on a sunny day, but I like the clouds over the mountain.