General Discussion, Saturday, October 30, 2021

24 Responses to General Discussion, Saturday, October 30, 2021

How cute is this??? Mornin’ all!

Mornin’ All. Not too long before we jump back in time. Just another week.

3. Menagerie says:

Morning everyone. Drizzly dull morning here, but we have geese and deer to enjoy. And my four year old grandson spent the night and hit the ground full out, as always. Happy Saturday!

• czarina33 says:

Yes, the geese are clattering out on the lake. Didn’t see deer this mourning, but the dogs lit out after something without barking, so I think it was deer under the persimmon trees.

4. Menagerie says:

I confess to liking decaf. I used to be able to drink coffee at night and sleep like a baby. Now I really have to watch my caffeine.

Morning all! Still cool, damp and cloudy. 51 degrees right now. Cleaning and laundry today.

• Menagerie says:

We just finished cleaning the oven. Overall our little home is pretty well built, and the guy who built it mostly put the money where it needed to be to keep the house at the price it needed to be. But the sheet rock finish was crappy, and we had it toned up when we had the house painted before we moved in. I couldn’t live with the colors or the messed up places.

Other thing he really cheaped out on was appliances, which I need to replace but haven’t. So, we spent the morning cleaning the oven. My husband was wonderful about helping because I can’t get down on my knees. Anyhow, crappy cleaning job done, including the walls around it, sides of oven, etc.

I feel like I’m the only person in the world left with a non self cleaning oven. Probably saved the man a hundred bucks or so. Anyhow, someday I can get the ones I really want, but with me cooking so much less right now it doesn’t seem like a good way to spend money at the moment.

My stove is 25 years old. It does have a self-cleaning oven, but I would love to replace it. If I had the room, I would get an electric wall oven and a gas cooktop. I don’t have the room though, and for the amount of baking that I do, it isn’t worth the money.

• czarina33 says:

I got a selfcleaning oven when we built the house, cause I hated that job. First time I used it it worked great, then it would not work again. Got it fixed, worked one time, would not work the next time. After the third time in I called GE, who said the cabinet was built too small, and the oven was fussy. Finally the damn oven broke down entirely at Halloween, and the part to repair it did not come til after Easter. Still can’t use the self cleaning feature….