General Discussion, Thursday, October 28, 2021

26 Responses to General Discussion, Thursday, October 28, 2021

1. Menagerie says:

Good morning everyone. Cold and rainy here today. But I’ll get to see the fog over the pond, and lifting off the mountain. Right from my rocking chair. I can put a sweater on and go sit on the porch, enjoying the geese and the fresh air. And Costco had some stuff I needed yesterday. Life is still good, thanks be to God.

Maybe all the things we can’t have right now will remind us of what really matters anyhow. Things often have unintended consequences. I’m hoping and praying that America’s current struggles will prove to strip away our indifference and awaken our conscience.

Mornin’ y’all. Thought you might want to see poor ol’ Lake Charles’ tornado from yesterday’s nasty weather. Coolish here this a.m.

Mornin’ All. Pouring rain right now. We got up about 8:00 and took our walk. I thought I heard thunder then, but decided it was probably jets. There is a heavy grey sky and I am hearing thunder for real now. I am glad, and I am sure Loki is too, that we got our walk in before it started raining. I got the trash into the trash can outside just before it started raining. It is so dark I had to turn the light on, LOL Hope everyone has a nice day with no tornadoes.

Morning all. Coolish today. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow and part of Saturday. Summer is definitely gone for another year.

Looks like it will be close to freezing a couple of nights next week.

I hope you all have a good day!

5. Hey, y’all. DH and I woke up to a white-out blizzard this morning. Second time it has snowed so far, first time didn’t last but a day. Not cold enough yet to hold it. This one will go the same way, supposed to be in the 40s by tomorrow. We likely won’t have a white Halloween this year (is that raciss?). Right now I’m just hoping it stops before mid afternoon when we have to drive to town.

LET’S GO BRANDON!

I am watching a movie, The Manor, about a woman who has a stroke and goes to a home for the elderly. It is a horror movie and has bad things in it, the worst is that she is in the home. I never wanted to go to one of those places and am certain now I must avoid it at all costs.

7. czarina33 says:

Think I’ll skip that movie. Worked in several nursing homes, and a few are really nice, but they are costly, more than basic Medicare/Medicaid will pay.

8. texan59 says:

The headline for this article gets one a tad bit excited. Then scroll down to the very last sentence of the article. “GE Appliances Announce $450MM investment in Kentucky”