General Discussion, Sunday, October 24, 2021

65 Responses to General Discussion, Sunday, October 24, 2021

1. geoffg12 says:

Back in1961, I was stationed at St Albans AFS for several years. During that time, I did in fact marry the farmer’s daughter. The farm on which we lived was in Milton, VT, halfway between Burlington and St Albans. Absolutely beautiful. Over 480 acres. Lake Arrowhead on one side, Lake Champlain on the other.

St Albans has some historical significance, as it was the site of the northernmost battle of the Civil War. Circa 1863-4, nine Confederates rode the train down from Montreal and stuck up the town’s two banks.

I attended UVM Engineering School, and had decided early on that I didn’t want to be a dairy farmer; getting up at 3:40 every morning to shovel manure just isn’t attractive. As my wife was a true farm girl, my distaste for farming led to many disagreements and eventually (6 yrs) to a divorce.
    I moved west to Silicon Valley in 1969 and put my electrical engineering to good use.

Yes, Vermont was pretty in the fall; but most of the year (October to end of May) it was snowbound.

Mornin’ y’all!

Mornin’ Menage and Wee. Well, it is 76* and headed higher. The sky has a filmy cloud cover, but it is already burning off. Not much other news. Friday I decided to make Waldorf salad and then noticed I only had a tablespoon of mayo. So, I put that in and substituted peanut butter. Also, didn’t have any walnuts and had to use pecans. It made an interesting salad. So, now I have to get some things at the store. Later, Gators.

4. texan59 says:

Our Favorite Sunday Columnist dissects theTeachers Unions and the School Board Ass’n. attack on parents. Grab your coffee and enjoy the read.

5. texan59 says:

This could well be the doctor’s Waterloo. Beaglegate is starting to gain some traction. Even with some left-leaning sites like The Hill and Newsweek. Will this genius be brought down by a beagle?

• Menagerie says:

Logical. You know they care only about animals, not humans. Other than their own self.

That IS really sick. What was the purpose?

• I read about it a few weeks ago, but it turned my stomach so much I pushed the gorey details & photos out of my mind. The really sick part even some scientists are complaining about is that this experiment in abuse was NOT EVEN NEEDED because the disease the flies cause was already previously investigated! I wonder if it was really just a money laundering payoff, but they had to do something for the money, and as they said in that study, beagles are easy to control, and usually don’t attack humans, even when they abuse them.

It breaks my heart.

• Reflection says:

This gruesome experiment is in direct contrast to the standards that the NIH claims to have. And they know the consequences of being found out.

It was intentionally moved outside of this country because it would not have passed muster.

This article speaks the state of research violations in 2016. Research done by those born outside of the U.S., even when done in the U.S., can fail to meet U.S standards.

“Our programme participants were highly successful researchers.

A slight majority of our participants came to the United States from elsewhere; roughly double the expected proportion on the basis of the demographics of the US scientific workforce. (Our previous studies indicate that nation of birth is a stronger predictor of scores on key measures than is nation of training.) Although many participants were accustomed to US compliance requirements, they sometimes employed or mentored people who were not.”

Compare this to Prov 12:10

10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
          KJV

Reflection

• WeeWeed says:

I’ve not read anything about it because I don’t need crap like that in my brain. He’s obviously a sadistic bastige and probably doing it because he had grant money. No other reason. Guess he got tired of testing on AIDS patients.

• Menagerie says:

I really wish that I hadn’t read it. Anyone who involves themselves in something like that is indeed sadistic.

• Reflection says:

Menagerie,

I agree with you, there are limits as to how much we need to see to know of the true character of those involved. That’s why I provided the contrast.

This will shock some who would never have questioned this so called “science” before. I hope they dig deep into the funding of the NIH.

That’s what they fear.

Reflection

6. texan59 says:

Astros.jpeg

7. czarina33 says:

So, wildlife showed up this afternoon, in the form of 3 does I frequently encounter on my property. You have to look carefully, even expand the pix. 2 in one picture, all three in the other. They are so gentle, delicate and shy.

So sweet!

Not so sweet.

11. texan59 says:

If you weren’t sure how the left was going to cheat the next election cycle, this will shed some light on things. The old end-around play. Using the welfare system to GOTV.