General Discussion, Wednesday, October 6, 2021

37 Responses to General Discussion, Wednesday, October 6, 2021

1. Menagerie says:

Morning everyone. We had heavy rains last night, but looks like we just get a cloudy day today. We’ve had such pleasant temperatures, around 70. Soon it’s going to creep back up some though.

I’m trying to figure out when to make my ride up the Cherohala Skyway. Sometimes it’s really hard to time the peak fall colors, but it’s a beautiful ride anyhow.

Good morning, Menagerie! Just beautiful. Cooler and lots of rain here this week too.

Nice to have the windows open, and cheaper.

• Menagerie says:

Haha! So much for that just a cloudy day forecast. We’ve been getting the worst thunder storms. Awful weather.

• Hope your timing is perfect. Is it a half-day outing? A full day? Could you perhaps do it more than once? I would love to come and drive it with you!

• Menagerie says:

Come on down. I like to poke and ramble along, as well as have lunch in this wonderful little restaurant with a top chef in Sweetwater on the way home. There are some neat shops there, and sometimes I find Christmas presents there. It’s around 6-8 hours, depending on how long I spend at the lake up there. I used to go hiking, but can’t do that now of course.

You gotta get up early though, I want to get there in time to see the “smoke” settling off those mountains and into the valley.

Mornin’ kids!

Mornin’ Menage, Wee, and everyone else. Slightly overcast and humid at 79* here. Pretty comfortable, though. I have all my Christmas shopping done. We had lunch at Cracker Barrel yesterday and I found a few things and that finished it up. I am concerned about not being able to find things for Christmas and I have to ship them, too, so I decided to go ahead and take care of it now. I am quite pleased. Well, hope everyone has a nice day and Lucille gets her computer fixed.

4. Monroe says:

CTH seems to be down. Any info?

5. jenevive1 says:

Yes it is down for me too..

No, this isn’t the Babylon Bee. It’s the New York Post.

I was cleaning out the fruit bin, and had some over the hill apples that need to be used. I found this recipe, which also includes puff pastry (I had some in the freezer that is past date), so I made it and it is in the oven right now. I’ll let you know.

Yeah for me – I finally got my car into the collision shop last week, and it is done! Picking it up tomorrow morning.

Just found out that pepper spray is illegal in Canada, and that you can be prosecuted just for having it when entering the country. I know that I had pepper spray in my glove box when I went to Canada a few years ago, but they never asked me and I didn’t even remember that it was there.

10. Afternoon Stellar friends! This is an amazingly comprehensive piece on COVID and the VAXX that I found quite helpful. It is long and parts of it are deep in the weeds of how the virus works and how the vaxx works. Even if the technical jargon and descriptions are too much, it is worth surfing over those paragraphs and keep going to the end. There is a good summary at the end. This lays it all out.

• texan59 says:

I read this the other day, and once more with your post. Each time, I get madder and madder. We will never know if the “escape” of the virus was deliberate (I personally don’t think so), but there was nothing done to stop it once it left the barn, and I agree with the thesis of the piece that the establishment is doing everything in their power to kill off as many people as possible. Through numerous channels. The “vaccines” being one. Shutting down of any and all dissenting views, and treatment alternatives. They have set-up the alternatives as is pointed out by doing “studies” when they well know it’s too late in the game to show any efficacy of non-approved treatment plans. This is war unleashed on the masses. We have no one with any power advocating for the working man and woman. What gets me is that if the foo-foo people succeed in killing off 50-75% of the population, who are they gonna get to grow the cattle for their steak dinners, and make their private jets that they so love. They really are pretty stupid for being so “smart”.

11. Huh. For some reason I just went to moderation. Having to sign in for every comment is having a chilling effect on my desire to speak up. *sigh* Sometimes I hate Word Press.

12. jeans2nd says:

Good evening all. Seems you all are day people and I am of the night. Sleep soundly knowing I am awake and keeping watch. We insomniacs do have our uses.

DIL went to school for some 6+ years to be a nurse, while rearing two kids, 2 dogs, and a husband, running Little League, major figure in the church, and so much more.

DIL finally graduated June 2020, moved to Greensboro to finally be with Wicked Son, found her dream job and was promoted several times to chief cook and bottle washer in the cardiac OR.

DIL quit her job yesterday. What’s that chant, something about Brandon?

Have a Great Night.
    Oh yes. Sounds like Tundra is getting the WP Preferred Treatment. See ya in the trash bin, Tundra! Use my recliner, it’s comfy.