General Discussion, Wednesday, September 8, 2021

29 Responses to General Discussion, Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Stellars….

Novelty Hydrangeas named Cityline Mars, Everlasting Revolution, Cityline Rio, and Tilt a Swirl…

Beautiful White Hydrangeas, Sylvan Lake, MI (perhaps, since the landscape designer, Deborah Silver, has her offices there)…

Hydrangea Path, Meigetsuin Temple, Kamakura, Japan…

• auscitizenmom says:

I love hydrangeas, but I can’t seem to grow them here in the direct sun and heat.

• Lucille says:

Good day, aus! Hydrangeas always remind me of my paternal grandmother and grandfather. Being Southerners, they brought their love of hydrangeas with them to California. Grandma would always put rusty iron nails in the soil around them so they would turn color, she said. However, I read recently in a gardening blog that isn’t true. So, who knows what she was doing right in order to cause the deeper colors to come out.

Have a fun day cleaning!

We were pretty sure that America’s federal government was being run by communists and fellow travelers. Now we are getting confirmation of how open about it the traitorous little ‘stards are.

Biden’s National Security Council China Director Is Former Fellow At Chinese State-Funded Group Advising Communist Officials Sanctioned For Human Rights Abuses
    September 7, 2021 – The National Pulse

“Julian Gewirtz, Joe Biden’s China Director at the National Security Council, is a former fellow at the Chinese regime-funded Ash Center, which has also advised Chinese Communist Party officials sanctioned by the U.S. government for human rights abuses.

“Hosted within the Harvard Kennedy School, the Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation is funded by several Chinese Communist Party-backed entities. Among its donors are China Southern Power Grid Corp, whose management is ‘directly appointed by China’s central government’.”

Mornin’ all!

Mornin’ All. Sunny, hot, yada, yada, yada. Yesterday, I met my friend for brunch after her appt. and we came back here and played Uno for hours. I won almost every game, so she said I definitely should get a lottery ticket, LOL. So, I did. We will see what comes of it. I think I will work on cleaning up my extra room today. That is my big plan. Hope you all have a nice day.

5. Reflection says:

Good morning Stellars.

Great images today. Summer being washed away, may be the most evocative. I will miss summer’s beauty and bounty, but not its heat.
    The foods of summer are rich in variety and color. The taste of fresh picked produce has no equal in the supermarket.

It’s not that I don’t enjoy the hues of fall, and the aromas of spice associated with it. The world just fades a little from the glory of summer, replaced in northern climes with hues of orange, yellow and red. It is a different beauty. And the temperatures are easier to bear. Autumn is the gateway to winter, and it ushers us in gently.

But, summer isn’t entirely over, not as long as flowers bloom.
    Reflection

For all those who love the Smokies (I seem to recall that Menagerie does)….

3 Reasons to Go Glamping in the Smokies
    Posted August 23, 2021

Taliban Not the Problem: US Government is the Problem
    Michael Yon – Wednesday, 08 September 2021 13:20

Michael links to the FOX News article yesterday re the Biden government emails indicating they are lying. Apparently they are hoping for a short attention span from the general public, and are pretty confident the media will continue covering for them.

8. jeans2nd says:

Hi Stella and Stellars! Bet y’all thought you rid yourselves of me.
    Sorry. You’re not so lucky {{sigh}}.

Am listening to Viva Frei-Robert Barnes Sidebar right now. They are interviewing the guy from Geeks and Gamers, and this guy is further proving my hypothesis that we really did do a fantastic job rearing our kids. This kid – he’s 41 – took what he loved and made it into his business, with a firm head on his shoulders and a great outlook. It’s just the kids from the cities, specifically on the coasts, that are rotten.

May i propose we nuke the cities? Theoretically, that is, not in fact. As in, just ignore them. Eventually they’ll go away.

Lucille’s link to Michael Yon right above is a must-read. imo Michael Yon is one of the most insightful reporters around. imo
    Have a great evening!
    Countdown now till i hit the trash bin…5..4..3..

• Lucille says:

Love having you around, Jeans. When so much power via finance, education,media and commerce are centered in huge cities, imo a large percentage of the people seem to lose connection with the smaller cities and towns and a sense of superiority settles in. It’s their loss. Elitism stinks like the swamp it creates.