New Rule: The Lesson of Afghanistan | Real Time with Bill Maher

I don’t often agree with Bill Maher; I don’t like him, in fact. Now and then he gets it more or less right. That is happening more often lately, probably because the left has become so extreme. Watch and comment!

The fact is, the Afghanistan withdrawal is a disaster, and America is still the best place in the world to live.

Do I think we should be taking in Afghan refugees? Some of them, maybe, but it makes more sense to home these refugees much closer to their homeland in places that more closely resemble their home country.

This entry was posted in Afghanistan Withdrawal, Politics, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to New Rule: The Lesson of Afghanistan | Real Time with Bill Maher

1. Menagerie says:

I did agree with somewhat less than half of what he said, which is a high percentage for me, with him. I do respect him for increasingly speaking up, not following the liberal yellow brick road.

2. Sumoyokozuna says:

Not taking any of these rags in my home. Would not trust any of them

3. Pa Hermit says:

Couldn’t last more than 3 minutes without starting to puke in my mouth! Sometimes a blind squirrel can find a nut! He’s one of them!

4. Pa Hermit says:

Just love that Remember me chit! Had to resign in again. Look at the time stamp from above to here!

5. mugzey302 says:

When you see the collapsed southern border, the huge number of flights from central American countries, and now the Afghans ~ the greatest % being military age men, you really have to consider that this administration is deliberately arranging an invasion force. Why are the men being separated and shipped to military bases? Is anyone asking these questions? Not that it matters, they consistently lie and play pass the buck. America is in big trouble.

Sorry, but I fall on the negative side regarding almost the entirety of Maher’s comments. For big bucks he puts out with talk he hopes people will laugh at, but he has no fear of being fired for anything he said in this monologue. So, no kudos heading his way from my direction. He’s not courageous. Plus he’s way too snide and hateful.

I only politically trust lefties, progressives or old-fashioned “moderate” Dems when they leave the party, denounce its America-hating policies/agendas and then at least sign up as independent voters who think for themselves. They don’t have to become Republicans, but THEY DO HAVE TO LEAVE THAT LYING, FASCIST PARTY.

As for allowing non-vetted Afghans permanent residency in the U.S., I vote “no” on them. We know under Bide-Harr they likely will be placed only in red states in order to change political demographics. And we will have absolutely no say in what happens to them.

IMO, they should be sent to nations where culturally they have more in common. Until that can be accomplished, they could be housed in under-used military installations where there are adequate barracks, and be constantly monitored. The exceptions are, of course, for those Bill Maher will invite to live on his property in Beverly Hills…no, in his house while he resides out back in a tent or the pool house. They can be secured properly and paid for entirely by Bill.

Those Afghans who can be vouched for personally as to their trustworthiness and goodness by those who worked with them, should be given every consideration re permanent residency. But even they need to willingly give access to all their papers indicating past/present affiliations and memberships, plus social media. When approved to stay, they should be evenly distributed throughout all states, not just red ones or swing states.

The culture shock will be huge. All the vetted will need time to adjust and should be willing to accept guidance on how they can support themselves during their stay in the U.S. Those who have business experience and present proper business plans, could be allowed SBA loans to get started. Those who are deemed eligible to teach, lecture and otherwise make a living through writing or speaking, should be allowed to do so. I don’t have a problem with temporary monetarily assistance for those who are committed to helping themselves. All of them, however, must check in with governing bodies as any other legal alien has to (is that still a requirement?). Becoming independent and not dependent upon the largess of the American taxpayer is the goal.

It would be a plus if vetted Afghans worked toward freeing Afghanistan from the jihadis, via collaboration with Republicans presently in federal office and whichever Republican becomes President in 2024. They could be paid advisors to the President, the Pentagon, the Department of State, etc., though if the Swamp isn’t cleared out, nothing will succeed.

I’m sure lots of others can think of more points, but that’s it for now from me…another day, another dissertation. LOL!

Re Maher, if he can impress the truth on a few of the lefties, then that’s fine with me. I still don’t like him but if he can do some good I encourage that. We can use all of the help we can get.

• Lucille says:

There’s always the possibility that seeds of doubt will take hold and people might become more open to reason. Unfortunately, most folks find it difficult to acknowledge they’ve been taken in by lies. I’ve heard many individuals say, “They can’t all be lying!” The answer is, of course, “yes, they can.”

Still, we should ourselves make every effort to remain hopeful that people will change. Our nation’s survival depends on that hope and our prayers.

• Menagerie says:

This is exactly the point Stella. If they are to hear and understand more in depth, it has to be from someone like him. They hate us so much, few of them would ever listen to anything we have to say.