General Discussion, Tuesday, August 17, 2021

29 Responses to General Discussion, Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Stellars….

Village of Saksun, Streymoy Island, the Faroese Islands chain which is owned by Denmark…

Switzerland…

Mangrove Tree, Jupiter, Florida…

Keep looking up!

• Menagerie says:

My favorite flowers Lucille. I just love tulips, but especially those multicolored ones. I bet God smile when he made them. Maybe even he smiled because he thought of how much I would enjoy them, and in his infinite and personal love for me that gave him pleasure. I like to think so.

• Lucille says:

Amen! St. Augustine wrote: “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.”

“Can anything separate us from the love of Christ? Can trouble, pain or persecution? Can lack of clothes and food, danger to life and limb, the threat of force of arms? Indeed some of us know the truth of the ancient text: ‘For your sake we are killed all day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter’.

“No, in all these things we win an overwhelming victory through him who has proved his love for us.

“I have become absolutely convinced that neither death nor life, neither messenger of Heaven nor monarch of earth, neither what happens today nor what may happen tomorrow, neither a power from on high nor a power from below, nor anything else in God’s whole world has any power to separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ our Lord!” – Romans 8:35-39, J.B. Phillips translation

• czarina33 says:

I wonder where the rest of the Village of Samsun is. One house doth not a village make. Also, on the gorgeous top picture there is a sole house close to the base of the peak: I used to live on the side of a mountain and the view was seriously deficient due to being to close! Looked lots better a mile or more away.

• Lucille says:

Looks like the homeowner doesn’t adhere to the “It takes a village” philosophy.

Me? I’d love to have that much open land around me. As long as the sea didn’t rise up and engulf me, I could easily live out there by myself…if there’s Internet reception.

The KFPS Royal Friesian Horse

I’m sure the CCP is having a good ole yuk-yuk-yuk at the Bide-Harr Administration dupes….

A Senior Biden Staffer Wrote An Afghanistan Policy Paper Which Was Sponsored By A Top Chinese Communist Influence Group.
    August 16, 2021 by NATALIE WINTERS

The Center for American Progress – a leading left-wing think-tank influential in the Biden White House – partnered with a Chinese Communist Party influence group on reports guiding American policy in the Middle East.

Often highlighted as for being “closely aligned” with the White House during the Obama years, the Center for American Progress (CAP) carries similar influence under Biden, counting several former employees and fellows as officials in Joe Biden’s White House.

4. Menagerie says:

Good morning everyone. Fred dumped about three inches on us yesterday, and finishes up here today with more heavy rain all day. Fortunately I don’t have to go anywhere.

Mornin’ y’all.

Mornin’ All. Off to breakfast soon. I talked to my. son last night. I hope what is going on in Afganistan won’t affect his flight home. It could, I am afraid. He is not there, but I don’t know what flights will have to go into that country. Please pray for him.

With all the Afghan news, I completely missed this important finding in favor of President Trump’s border policy….

Judge orders reinstating ‘remain in Mexico’ border policy
    August 16, 2021 – FOX Business

Missouri attorney general Eric Schmitt weighs in on a federal judge ordering the Biden administration to reinstate ‘remain in Mexico’ policy

Evidence Presented to Grand Jury in Durham’s Russia Probe, Report Shows