General Discussion, Friday, July 16, 2021

45 Responses to General Discussion, Friday, July 16, 2021

HAPPY FENCE FRIDAY…

Austria…

Tybee Island, GA…

“Good fences make good neighbors.” – Robert Frost

• Menagerie says:

Lucille, see that little covered swing hidden by the dune? I’m in it, tomorrow. Sure does look like Tybee Island, but I’m sure there are many beaches with the same walkways and swings. We aren’t going to Tybee this time, another island, this one in Florida. Sure need some beach time.

For a mountain loving Tennessee gal, I probably could happily live by the ocean, at least a few months a year. If the grandkids were there too.

• czarina33 says:

I love the hypnotic sound of the waves. I spent many childhood hours rocking on an inner tube in the water off Miami’s beaches.

• Lucille says:

Good afternoon, Menagerie. That’s the thing I miss the most about living in Los Angeles…you’re just minutes from the beach. A goodly portion of my time there was spent living in West Los Angeles, right across from the Santa Monica city line, or in Santa Monica itself. The first year I lived in West L.A. which would have been around 1969-70, I went to the beach every weekend, rain (very seldom) or shine (most days).

Photos taken at the time showed I had the most glorious tan which looked so terrific with a white outfit and my then near-black hair which was worn in sort of a pixie cut. Put on a pair of silver dangly earrings and I was ready for a fun time with or without my significant other.

Oh, those were the days!

“Mountain Forest Dreams” by Tim Janis – Peaceful, Relaxing, Instrumental Music

A lovely and unexpected interview….

Tucker hosts explosive interview with actor Jon Voight on faith
    356,810 views – Premiered 20 hours ago

Mornin’ romance lovers!

5. cantcforest says:

Apologies Stella for disrupting the calm beauty here to ask:
    Where is Sundance and this morning’s Treehouse?
    God bless you and yours.

6. cantcforest says:

Well, that worked fast. Have a great day.

7. czarina33 says:

Mornin’ all ya’all! Busy day ahead. Going for my hearing aid fitting then picking up GGS. Later, need to take a load to the dump and mow.

Mornin’ All. Weather here is the same as it was yesterday, and will be tomorrow, I am sure. 🙄
    We might get some rain this afternoon. Maybe, maybe not. I’m not sure what I am going to do today. I have a few things to finish up. Wish I could have spent it with my granddaughters since today is one’s birthday and tomorrow is the other one’s B-day. They have two separate parties so it is a two day celebration. They have already sent pictures of today’s party. Smiles all round. 😀

Have a nice day.

Author debunks critical race theory with simple explanation
    210,748 views – July 14, 2021

Kenny Xu, author of ‘An Inconvenient Minority’, argues that Asian-American success disproves critical race theory.

Well, well, well…about time….

BREAKING: Judge Declares DACA Program Illegal
    By Rebecca Downs – Townhall

On Friday, Judge Andrew S. Hanen of the Southern District of Texas issued a decision which will block the Department of Homeland Security from approving new DACA applications.

11. texan59 says:

How hysterical is this – MSNBC Beats Fox……………for 1 hour Thursday. 😀 😀 😀

FTA – “MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace beat CNN and Fox News in total viewers at 4 pm on Thursday.”